Pages

6.03.2012

We Got a Calling

Louis and I have been in our ward for over a year now and we just got our first calling.  I got a call last week asking if we could meet with someone in the Bishopric Sunday after church.  I knew we were getting a calling, it's pretty obvious isn't it?  I kept thinking we were going to be called into nursery.  It just kept coming into my mind over and over.  I was right, we got called to be nursery workers.  I'm going to be quite blunt.  I did not want to get called into nursery.  At all.  For those of you who don't know, I'm 5+ months pregnant, there will be a little newborn hanging around us in less than 4 months.  I'm not one to shelter and isolate my children, I think they need to be around some germs to be able to build up their immune system.  Taking my newborn into a room full of toddlers though. . .not going to happen.  Especially since she's going to be so little right when it's starting to get cold.  Also for those of you who have been pregnant you know it gets hard to bend over after awhile.  I'm starting to get to that point.  It's not that this baby is up in my ribs yet.  I can still bend over.  I just get really winded when I do.  It's hard to breath.  Just yesterday I was sitting on the couch folding laundry and just from bending over to get the clothes out of the hamper.  Whoosh!  It was hard!  So playing with a bunch of kids is going to be tough dudes!  One last thing, sorry I need to get this out for myself.  We just got to put Avery in nursery!  I was SO looking forward to being able to go to class and LISTEN and LEARN.  To actually be able to focus on the spirit and not on keeping Avery happy.  Grrr!  I'm sure it'll be fine, I've been instructed never to say no to a calling because I will learn something from each calling I receive.  I try to remember that.  Sigh.  Okay I'm done.  Sorry.  Louis has been in nursery before and he loved it so he's looking forward to it.  Playing with toys, snack time, coloring, and bubbles!  What's not to love!  They said they're going to release me (I don't know about Louis) before I have the baby.  Living in Logan and close to the University there is A LOT of change over in the summer time with the semesters ending.  So we have had a lot of people move out in the last month and we will have a lot of people move in to the ward in August. So basically I'm in this calling for the Summer haha!  I totally understand the need for that in this ward.  So here's to nursery!  I sure it will go well.

1 comment:

The Thorne Family said...

I'm glad they are going to release you before the baby comes! you are right that would be awful to take a new baby to nursery. Alan and I are in sunbeams and it is hard not to go to sunday school and relief society for me. I love to learn more about the gospel and hear others insights. But I'm learning that some times I can learn more from the children than the adults. Good luck! :D