Pages

6.13.2012

24 weeks

I am 24 weeks today!  This puts me into the second week of my sixth month.  Wow!  The weeks really seem to be passing by a lot faster than they did last time.  Which I love!  I am so excited for when this baby comes!  I think I'm more excited about this baby coming than I was about Avery.  That is because I know how awesome it really is to be a mom and because I'm so excited to see Avery and her little sister become friends and play together.  The excitement about this baby coming has been heightened by the birth of our newest nephew!  Jon and Alisha had their baby boy, Isaac Jonathan Pugmire Monday night at 11:30!  He is very cute and fun to cuddle!  So seeing a newborn made the excitement even more exciting!
I'm growing bigger and bigger every day it seems like!  I am so much bigger than I was with Avery.  I'm going to be pretty big by the time this baby comes.  I don't have any new stretch marks yet.  Although last time I had some that I just couldn't see under my big belly!  I don't mind stretch marks though they fade really quickly.  I'm still sleeping fairly well, as long as I am surrounded by pillows.  I need one for my head one for my back, one for under my tummy, and one in between my legs.  Yep, I'm a little high maintenance in the sleeping department right now. I don't wake up having to use the bathroom which is a miracle since yesterday I literally had to go to the bathroom three times in just half an hour!  This baby is seriously a lot lower than Avery was, she's always on my bladder!  I feel her move everyday and Louis felt her move about 3 weeks ago, my placenta is in the front so I only feel her down low in my belly and on the sides.  I can still reach my toes to paint them, but it's getting harder.  I have to sit up for air every now and then.  I'm still craving sweets all of the time, which is totally opposite from when I was pregnant with Avery.  Heart burn sucks!  It's gotten worse, but it's still bearable.  My back pain has surprisingly gotten better though, so that's something to celebrate.
Okay enough about me, let's talk about the baby!  According to the e-mail I got today baby girl is just over a pound and is almost a foot long!  She is now gaining about 6 ounces a week from accumulating fat, and growing organs, bones, and muscles.  My baby might have hair on her little head at this point, (and if the old wives tale that says if you have heart burn that means your baby will have hair, then she does!) but it's white right now because there is no pigment in that hair yet!  I thought that was a cool, interesting fact.

Here are some pictures from this week!


See, I'm big!  Here is a side by side picture of me from when I was pregnant with Avery and this pregnancy.

The one on the left is from when I was pregnant with Avery and I am 27 weeks and the one on the right is from this pregnancy (obviously!  Seeing as it's the same picture from above) and I'm 24 weeks.  In my opinion I look a little bigger in the right picture.  Oh the amazing thing the human body is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adorable post! I love your perpective on motherhood:) I am so excited to meet baby girl #2, and see how much Avery is going to eat her up!!! :)