She also had fun running around and finding pine cones then bringing them to me.
We also chased a bird around. Avery loves birds.
Right when we were leaving I heard this noise. I looked up and above our apartments I could see I geyser of water shooting up in the distance. It looked like it was only about a block away.
Obviously I had to go snoop around and see what was going on. So I went and got the stroller and we set out to investigate. It was only a block away and I stopped to ask the cop what was going on. He said a water mane had burst and it was shooting through the road. He said it looked pretty cool and I could walk by. So I did! There were a bunch of people out there looking and taking picture and even videos. Avery thought it was really exciting, she LOVES water so much!! The water was spraying right at the townhouses on that street. I heard that two of their basements flooded. I felt bad. They have now gotten everything fixed.
We went to the park again on Thursday. This time we went to Bridger Park and it is much bigger and much more little kid friendly park. They have swings, and a separate play ground for little kids. Avery was all about the swings this time. She only went down the slide twice and we spent 15-20 minutes on the swing. When I went to take Avery out so we could leave she was clinging onto the swing not letting me take her out. I got her out and she cried for a few minutes before finally settling down! She REALLY loves the swings!
Today we went to Willow Park Zoo here in Logan. We went with my friend Holly and it was enjoyable! I should have taken my camera out to get some pictures and videos of Avery. I think Avery's favorite animal was the monkeys! She was doing her monkey noise "Ooo ooo ooo" even after we left the monkeys! It was fun watching the monkeys, one of them was determined to get this blue thing that was on the other side of the fence. He got a twig and stuck it through the fence to drag it closer and then finally stuck his hands through and could grab it. Then he tasted it and discovered it wasn't food and was yucky so he dropped it and moved on to other things. It was fun to see him so determined and work so hard to get to it! Should have taken a video of it and of Avery making her monkey noises.
I had brought some bread so when we got to the ducks we were able to throw them some bread. At first Avery was just eating her bread, but then she got what was going on and she loved breaking some bread off and throwing it over the fence to the duckies! This was another time when I should have taken some pictures or a video of her! On our way through the rest of the zoo there was a little robin in front of us leading the way. It was so cute! It would hop a few feet then stop and look into the fence with the animals. Then it would continue to hop along. It was the only thing I took a picture of.
It's always nice to get out of the house even though it's getting freaking hot out there! I have a feeling I'm going to hate the outdoors this Summer. I need to invest in a little fan I can wear around my neck haha! It's been a good week and Avery is picking up on things like crazy. It's very fun to watch her learn new things each day. I'm grateful I get to stay home with her.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys are having so much fun!:) It was so fun to see you all this weekend amid all the chaos;) love you!
Post a Comment