Pages

6.21.2012

Child Labor

I saw this thing on Pinterest that said, "Cleaning the house while kids are around is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos."  Or something like that.  You get the point though.  If you try cleaning while a child is around you'll just be going in circles cleaning up.  So that being said, I usually clean while Avery is napping!  (This doesn't include picking up her toys, but housework cleaning)  I got to thinking though, if I ever want her to learn and help out, she needs to see me cleaning.  So this past week I've been cleaning while Avery is awake encouraging her to help me and showing her how to help me.  It's been fun watching her be so enthusiastic about it!




Her favorite thing to do is mop, she gets a little sad when we're done and I put the mop away.  She wasn't really interested at all in dusting, but she really liked spraying the dusting spray!  She also will not vacuum!  She doesn't like how loud it is.  Whenever I vacuum, she runs into the kitchen until I'm done.  She also loves to throw things in the trash.  Right when I'm done changing her diaper she stands up and says, "trash?"  Then I hand her the diaper and she throws it away for me!  It's super nice!  She'll also throw away her snack when she's done with it.  Without me even asking.  There is some bad to her loving to throw away things though.  Last week she threw away our baby finger nail clippers.  I saw her do it, but my hands were occupied at the time so I just thought, "oh no I'll have to get those out later."  Of course I totally forgot about it and they got taken away with the garbage truck!
I enjoy so much watching Avery learn!  It's especially nice when what she's learning is something that will ultimately help me out!  I've been blessed with such a good little girl!






2 comments:

Bree said...

I can't believe how big she is getting!! :)

Turning 50 said...

You will be such a fabulous mommy's helper!