Pages

6.17.2012

Happy Father's Day

I hope everyone has had a great day and that they got to either spend time with a father they love or at least spent some time thinking about them.  I am so blessed to have many father's in my life.
First off my own dad.  He is always so loving and supportive.  With whatever I go through in my life I know that he is there to support me and love me.  He is one of my very favorite people!  I love the way he blows his nose.  Just thinking about it is making me smile!  I love the memories of eating chips and dip after church on Sundays.  I love the memories of going to do papers with him.  I just love him so much and am so grateful for the father he is.
Dad and me on my wedding day
Have you guys met my grandpa yet??  You really should, he is AWESOME!  Seriously awesome.  He is 89 years old and still does the Senior Olympics every year!  We moved to Utah when I have 7 and lived with them until my parents bought a house.  I remember throwing the  javelin and shot put in his back yard.  I may or may not have hit my ear one of those times throwing the javelin. . .I'll leave it to you to make that guess.  When we moved out of their house he would almost always come to our house for Sunday dinner.  For some reason we would always have sliced bread and jam on the table when he was there.  Once he moved to Idaho we didn't do that on Sundays anymore so it was for him, but I don't know why.  My grandpa has always been very active and would play basketball with us whenever we were all together.  He is such a loving generous man, I'm so lucky to have him in my life!
Grandpa and me a few years back
Next!  My wonderful father-in-law Joel.  First off, Avery is in love with Joel!  He is one of her very favorite people.  You should see her face when she sees her papa.  He is great with all kids, they bring so much joy into his heart.  One of the first things I learned about Joel is that he is an amazing home teacher, he loves to serve.  That is something that is true to all of the Brandley's they are always willing to serve.  He is a great person and he helped to raise one amazing man named Louis!  
Avery with her Grandpa Grandpa
Grandpa Brandley is next.  He is an incredible man.  He is so loving and welcoming.  I actually met him years before I met Louis.  I would go to some family things with Katie and always felt welcome.  Grandpa Brandley has taken me in as one of his own grandchildren, even before I married Louis.  He is a very loving man.  He also loves to serve, if there is ANYONE in need, he is there!  I'm pretty sure every missionary in Ogden knows his name.
Grandpa Brandley with Avery
Last, but not least, the father of my children.  My wonderful Louis.  Could my kids be luckier to have this man in their life?  He is truly an amazing dad.  He is so good with Avery.  He loves getting down on the ground and playing with her and laughing with her.  They have special games that Avery will only play with him.  Avery loves her daddy so much, she gets so excited every time she sees him.  She loves to cuddle with him in bed.  Louis loves being with her, it makes me so happy to see them together.  He loves this new  baby girl too, he loves to touch my tummy.  He has felt her move, but doesn't get to feel her often.  My placenta is in the front so that cushions a lot of her movement.  I'm so blessed to be married to Louis and have him as the father of my children.  He is so great and loving and fun.  
Louis with Avery baby

1 comment:

Megan Passey said...

Grandma used to put bread and jam on the table for dinner every night so I'm sure it was something Grandpa had become used to in their 50 years of marriage