Avery is 18 months old today! Wiggity what?? So exciting! She gets to go to nursery Sunday. I seriously couldn't be more excited for that! She is a very sweet girl and is learning new things every day. It's fun to watch her grow up. She uses 1-2 word phrases. She has 10 teeth and I can see more getting ready to come in. One of her favorite things to learn are animal noises. She knows what a cow, snake, owl, bear, dog, duck, and pig says. I might be missing one it's hard to remember them all. Her favorite sound is the pig, if I ask her what an animal says and she doesn't know she'll oink at me. She loves to read books and dance and make Louis and me laugh.
Avery will randomly fold her arms and start saying a prayer and looks over at me to make sure my arms are folded too. Once she's done she'll say amen and clap. She loves to be outside so much and once she's out it can be difficult to get her back inside. Sadly for her it's getting so stinkin' hot out there for me that we don't go outside very much. Her favorite thing to do outside is play with her ball, she'll throw it and kick it around the grass. She also loves to run through the sprinklers.
She can take her shirt and pants off, she tries to take her diaper off sometimes, but hasn't succeeded yet thank goodness. As for potty training (we haven't started or anything yet) she knows when she's poopy and doesn't like it, but doesn't care when she's just wet. For now I'm just trying to familiarize her with the toilet and how to use it. She is still a great sleeper! She sleeps from 8:30 or 9:00 P.M. (although sometimes she is awake in her crib until 10:00-10:30 or later! She's definitely a night owl) to 8:30 or 9:30 A.M. Then she naps from about 1:00 to 3:30-4:00. I love having that long break in the middle of the day, I either clean, start dinner, nap, do a project, or just relax. Avery's very good about bedtime, all I say is "time for bed" and she grabs her blanket and goes over to the stairs to go up to bed! Avery has always been such a great sleeper right from the beginning. When she was born she would sleep 5 hours at a time at night so I'd only end up getting up once during the night and she was sleeping through the night somewhat consistently by 11 weeks.
Avery has kind of become a picky eater. Her favorite foods are grilled cheese, oatmeal, waffles, spaghetti, chicken, and potatoes. Her favorite snacks are string cheese, goldfish crackers, and fruit snacks. Her favorite thing to watch is Winnie the Pooh, Blues Clues, and Tangled. She still loves Veggie tales, especially the silly songs, but we don't watch it very much anymore. Whenever (well usually!) I take the camera out to get a picture she stops and says "cheese!" it is adorable! She likes to hold my camera and pretend to take pictures saying "cheese" the whole time.
Sorry this post was pretty random and jumped from thing to thing without really having order to it! Hopefully you enjoyed these random facts about our sweet Avery! She is such a happy little girl and pretty well behaved we are very blessed to have Avery in our lives!
 |
I tried getting a picture of her today, but she just wanted to play and wasn't happy with me. |
 |
| What a cute little 18 month old girl! |
 |
| Avery was holding the camera for this picture |
1 comment:
I love that middle picture. What a sweet little face she has. That outfit is adorable. Congrats on making it to nursery :)
Post a Comment