Pages

5.07.2012

Semester Break

Louis got about 5 days in between Spring and Summer semester this year.  That's including the weekend.  The only reason he even got that time was because his finals were on Monday and Tuesday.  Crazy, they get no break at all!  He will have a 5 week break in between Summer and Fall so it makes up for it a little bit.  Most of you know I get VERY little time with Louis.  On a good day (not including weekends when he doesn't work or have school) we have about 3 hours together.  That's it.  Over the Summer and Fall it's going to be even worse.  I'll be lucky to get 1 hour with him a day.  After the Fall though he will be done!  We don't know if he's going to go back right away for his Masters or take a break.  This has pretty much been the norm for us since we got married.  Most of the time I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me, but it's starting to get harder.  I can't wait until he is done with school!  (and neither can he)  We did some fun, low-key, relaxing things over his short break.  On Wednesday we walked up and down main street looking in the shops.  We stopped in at the Book Table because I had been given a gift certificate for my birthday.  I had never been upstairs where all the kid toys are and I probably shouldn't have gone up.  I could have spent hours looking at all of the stuff they have up there.  Louis really hates shopping and being in stores, but he was very nice and never complained.  On our way back to the car we stopped at Great Harvest and I got a scone and we each got a slice of bread.  That was our outing for the day after that we just relaxed.


On Thursday we had a factory day!  Does that sound funny?  It kind of is.  We have a lot of factories in Cache County.  We visited 3 of them that have outlets where you can buy discounted stuff.  Our first stop was the Lower factory.  They sell meat!  They also happened to be having a buy one get one free sale.  So we bought some sliced chicken and turkey.  Louis really wanted to buy a gift card for Megan's graduation present.  (she's a vegetarian) I talked him out of it.  He still thought it would be hilarious.  I didn't think Megan would feel the same!  We then headed to the Pepperidge Farm factory.  It is the only place I will buy goldfish!  They are sooo much cheaper there!  Avery loves goldfish crackers and she knew exactly what was in the bags.  Luckily they had samples for her.  After Pepperidge Farm we went to the Creamy factory! I didn't know there was one in Cache County, but Louis had seen it driving home from work the week before.  They had individual creamies for sale, 19 cents each.  We bought 50, yeah a little excessive, but when we originally went up with 25 they told us they can't accept debit cards for purchases under $5 and we didn't have any cash!  So we got 25 more and took them to Megan's graduation celebration the next day.  Friday we went up to Utah State and got Louis' books for the semester then went over to watch Megan graduate!  We didn't stay for the whole thing because Josh needed someone to go pick up the cake for the celebrations afterward.  Louis went and dropped Avery and me off so she could take a little nap and then went to get the cake and help set up.  Then when everyone arrived he came and got us.  It was fun to be with family.  As it always is.  We just ate and talked and had fun.  Here is the only picture I got from the day.  Grandpa Grandpa with all of his grand kids.  P.S. Avery knows how to say Grandpa now.
Saturday we didn't really do anything.  Louis got a hair cut, we found out the battery on our old 1992 Honda Accord is completely dead.  We want to just get rid of the car, but somehow get some money out of it.  Does anyone know how we can accomplish that?  Any kind of Cash for Clunkers going on?  We also stopped at Sam's Club and bought some diapers/wipes and had lunch.  The rest of the day we just relaxed at home finishing the night off with some chips and salsa and Horchata (in honor of Cinco De Mayo) and watching the newest Mission Impossible.  Interesting fact about the Horchata we made.  We got this mix from Walmart probably over a year ago.  We bought it because it's the same mix they use at Cafe Sabor.  We asked one time we ate there and they told us that's what they use.  Surprisingly it makes really good Horchata!
That was our weekend, very relaxing!  Just what Louis wanted.  Now he's one day into the semester and it's already no fun.  One of his teachers is going to try to squeeze 4 months worth of material into 4 weeks and another is assigning a group project that usually takes 4 months into the 4 weeks!  This should be fun.  The first thing Louis said to me when he got home was:  "I don't think I'm going to see you at all this semester."  I had already figured that.  Good luck to us!  


We find out what we're having next Tuesday!  Tune in later this week I have a super fun post planned!  Well hopefully you all will find it fun.  I'm excited for it.
Tune in?  Did I really just type that?

2 comments:

Holl.E.L.Wood said...

We put my crappy '94 Toyota on KSL (it's free) for $1000, expecting to get maybe $700 for it. I had so many calls on it that I was completely overwhelmed. People go nuts for cheap cars in the valley, even if they are fixer-uppers. We ended up having people fighting over it, and getting the full $1000. One guy was even going to pay more than that just to insure it was his. I was so surprised. Seriously though, it's car buying time of year, and you will sell it quick if you put it on there.

Katie Shumway said...

We listed our '93 Toyota on KSL too! We got a lot of bites the day after we posted it, and had one come test drive it, but have had nothing since. It's listed for $900 right now, we think we might have to drop the price again to get some more interest... Good luck trying to sell yours! :)