So funny story to start out with. While I was typing the title to this post I spelled learning wrong haha!
Today I'm talking about Avery and all of the new things she's learning. She picks up on things so fast! Here are a few of them that I've been able to catch on camera. The first thing is that she is learning how to color. She mostly tries to eat the crayons and she can't push down very hard so her coloring is very light. She has been pretty good lately about not putting them in her mouth, she'll put a crayon to her mouth (but not in her mouth) then look at me and shake her head because she knows she's not supposed to. To help her to still color and not have the temptation of putting the crayon in her mouth I got a ziplock bag and squirted some paint in it. Then taped it to our window and let her go to town. She can use her fingers to draw or she likes to use her xylophone stick thing. I got the idea here. It's been a week and the paint is still good to draw on. I'm impressed.
Side note: I just looked up at my title and it was spelled wrong again! The first time I spelled it wrong I forgot to put in the a (lerning) and now I forgot the first n (learing). Goodness gracious, it's spelled right now. Now onto some more learning!
Avery has been copying our behavior a lot. One thing she has been doing lately is taking her stuffed animals temperatures. It's pretty darn cute. She'll also give her baby doll a binkie. (and give her kisses, and rock her! It's too cute, I know she's going to love having a little baby sister or brother)
Another thing she's picked up from us is how keys are used. She gets our box with our keys down off of our end table and opens it and takes keys out. Then tries to go open the door. It of course doesn't work and she gets frustrated every now and then.
One super fun thing she's doing is throwing her ball. It is her FAVORITE thing to do outside now! I will throw the ball into the grass and she'll squeal and laugh and run after it. Then throw it back to me and clap for herself. We do it over and over until I take her inside and she cries because she wants to stay outside forever! I've tried to help her learn how to kick a ball, but she hasn't picked up on it yet. She does love when I run her around kicking the ball though.
Another thing the is learning is how to stack blocks. My mom made some blocks for her this past Christmas, yes made them, and she's had fun playing with them. There's a link on baby center somewhere with a list of a few things most children can do, some children can do, and a few children can do at each age. For her age she's supposed to be able to stack 3 blocks I think and she's gotten up to 9. Little smarty pants. It makes me happy. After ever single block she stacks she claps and says "yay" for herself.
She has recently started to really like putting lids on and off of things. And as always she'll say "yay" for her amazing accomplishment!
| Look at that concentration! |
She does more new things, but I don't have pictures. She "brushes" her own teeth and wipes her face off after, she walks on her tippy toes every now and then, she blows kisses, (and french kisses, ick) she takes her pants off and her shirt off over her head, and she bounces in her bed haha! Am I a bad mom for teaching her that?
I love this little girl so much, I am so blessed to have her in my life and to be her mother. I know that for some it's difficult to get children here and I am thoughtful and prayerful for those of you. I'm glad I get to keep her forever because anything less I just wouldn't want to settle for.
2 comments:
I love that last picture of her!! Soo cute! :) I can't believe how big she is getting!
Avery is quite the SMARTIE! I loved when we got to watch her and see all the things she is learning. She loved getting the ball for Josh and playing with our drawer pulls. I love when she claps and does her yeah thing too! So freaking adorable. :)
Post a Comment