Pages

4.16.2012

Sibling Supper-Fancy Pants Dinner

Now that I've left you all in suspense I'll tell you why Louis was sporting a mustache this weekend.  Every six months Louis and his siblings try to get together for a sibling supper.  I've written about one of them, you can read that post here.  Louis came up with the whole theme for this party.  He even made the invitations.  Aren't they great!
Not the best picture, but deal with it.  If you can't quite read it then I'll tell you that we invited everyone over for a fancy pants black tie sibling supper.  For those who see Louis often you know that he usually has a beard.  Partly because he doesn't like shaving, it tends to irritate his skin, and partly because he just doesn't have time!  His brother Josh has even been calling him Brigham (as in Brigham Young) for a while now.  Obviously he couldn't sport his untamed beard to this fancy party so he shaved for it.  I did not know what he was going to do and then he came downstairs with a mustache.  I may not have been the nicest wife, I gave him a funny look and probably said, "Are you serious?  How long are you keeping that?"  Haha I'm just really not a mustache person and he knows that.  I will say it was fitting for the occasion though.  That's it.  We've spent the last couple of weeks planning for it, and I think everything went pretty smoothly!
Getting things ready
We started out the night chatting while waiting for everyone to arrive.  I took pictures of everyone as they arrived.  First to arrive (besides Kamila because she was there helping set up, she ROCKS!) was

Joshua and Megan

Then came Jakob and Celestial

Then the kids Tifannee, Kamila, and Kaileb
(Sterling was acting in a movie {I'm not joking} and couldn't come) 
(and Phillip of course is on his mission and couldn't make it)

Last to come was Alisha and Jonathon



and here's us!

After everyone arrived Louis invited everyone outside for a little game of croquet, very fancy huh.  He changed it up a little though and played golf rules.  Each wicket (yeah that's what they're called I guess) was a "hole" and we played in two person teams.  I stayed inside to set up for the next activity.  Kamila and Kaileb won and received 3 tickets each.  We gave tickets out for each activity and at the end of the night there were three prizes.
 Kaileb starting out

 Louis taking a whack at it!

Jake and Celestial 

Alisha 

 The winners!

After the game they called me out to get an in-law picture, so here's Megan, Jon, Celestial, and me.

Then everyone came in for appetizers and a blind taste testing.  For appetizers we had baked pita chips and spinach and artichoke dip mmmm!  For the taste testing we had three cups numbered 1-3 filled with Sprite, 7UP and Lemon-Lime soda.  Everyone had to taste them and guess which cup had which soda in it.  Josh won, he got them all right, so he won three tickets.  After the taste testing we had salad provided by Megan.
We then started on dinner.  Chicken Cordon Bleu, (made by Kamila and Louis) mashed potatoes, green beans provided by Celestial, and rolls provided by Alisha.  During dinner we had another little activity.  
Louis announcing the next activity
Louis had gone online and got a bunch of movie quotes.  Each person was given four quotes that they had to use at some point during dinner we were also all given 4 tickets.  If we said our quote and no one caught it then we got to keep our ticket.  If some one noticed your quote, but no one knew which movie it was from them the ticket went back to Louis.  If some one guessed the correct movie then the ticket was given to them.  If you didn't say your quote then the ticket went back to Louis.  There were some funny ones, and there were some that everyone got, and there were some that no one caught!  Even when the person said it 3 or 4 times through out the dinner!

After dinner was finished we took a little break before dessert and played a trivia game.  I had looked online and got a bunch of questions, it was really fun looking them up and I learned a lot of useless stuff!  After the trivia questions were done we served dessert.  Cream Puffs and ice cream (Ice cream provided by Jake).  We thought about making the cream puffs ourselves so over conference weekend we made them to see if we'd be able to.  When I say we it was actually Louis haha I had left in between sessions to get some errands done and so he started it and ended up just doing to whole thing.  They turned out GREAT, but the custard took forever to cook.  So in the end we just bought them.  Here's a picture though of how Louis' homemade ones looked!

Looks yummy doesn't it!  After dessert we just talked and everyone went home around 8:30.  All in all I think it went well and everyone had fun.  Really I should never stress too much about planning a Brandley event, they always make it fun and enjoyable.  Here are a few other pictures of the night.
The table
The place setting.  It's a tux, the fork is the tie
and the collar is actually the name card
The party favors
Oh and the winners of the night were Josh in first place, Alisha in second place, and Kami in third place.

After everyone had left I asked Louis to take some pictures of me.  So here I am at about 16 weeks.
My smile is a little weird, but this one is okay.  Louis realized though that the heart in the back made me look like I had a huge ear!  So we tried again.

He took the picture at 2 instead of 3!

He didn't even count so I wasn't ready at all!

Then finally a good one!  I think I'll stick with using the self timer for my pictures, but thanks Louis!  Love you!



5 comments:

Matt and Erica said...

SO cute and so creative! You look cute prego!

Unknown said...

wow! What a fun party Becca you really went all out:) it looked amazing, and i loved everyone dressing up! such a fun idea you and Louis are awesome!

Bree said...

That is such a cute idea!! :) it looks fabulous! And I love your cute little pregnant belly!

Em said...

That is such an awesome idea!!!

Kyle and Valisa said...

Becca, that is a way cute idea! And it looks like you guys had a lot of fun :) I might need some pointers so I can do a party like that. And you look darling pregnant!