Pages

4.23.2012

Birthday Weekend

I am now officially 23 (as of Friday)

and let me tell you I feel sooo much older!  Ha just kidding, I don't think I've ever felt different on my birthdays.  Nevertheless I had a great weekend.  I knew Louis was planning on taking me overnight somewhere, but he wouldn't tell me where.  Not even what city we would be in.  I was excited, we hadn't had a night alone since our anniversary in August.  Josh and Megan watched Avery for us and from what they told us, she did really well.  We headed out on our weekend away and Louis let me look at the directions so I could see where we were going for the night.  We were going to a little bed and breakfast in Sugarhouse called Parrish Place.  It was so cute and the first bed and breakfast I've been too.  It lived up to all of my expectations for a B&B.  Well not all of my expectations.  I imagined a little old couple running it and instead it was a middle-aged women with a cat.  The house was gorgeous though, it was built in the 1890's if I'm remembering correctly.  It had a lot of lilacs surrounding it, which is my favorite flower so that made me happy.
The lady was so nice and sweet and we think she was lonely because she talked a lot!  She said that it was a slow weekend so we could stay as late as we wanted.  Our room was smaller than we expected, it was no bigger than our room at home, maybe even a little smaller.

And it had this weird sheep on the bed, I don't know what that was about!  It was nice and cute though.  We had eaten lunch at about 4:30 so we didn't get hungry until like 8 so we ended up just getting Carl's Jr for dinner and eating it in our room!  It was perfect.  The next day we left at 11, the lady was surprised we were already leaving she said,"Oh I thought you would stay until 1 or 2!"  As nice as it was, what were we going to do there for that long?
We headed over to Salt Lake and walked around temple square and the new city creek center.  It was such a BEAUTIFUL day, blue skies and super warm.  We saw 10 brides while we were walking around temple square.  That temple is much too busy for me, I'm glad I got sealed in the Ogden.  It is picture overload time now, Louis and I took a bunch of pictures.  Also I don't know why, but I've been taking pictures sideways??  Some of them look good like that, but I don't know why I've been doing it.

A duck in the reflection pond
The window in the temple was opened?  Louis said it was
because the fire of the spirit was so hot
My awesome husband
I loved all the beautiful flowers


Louis' favorite picture of me from the weekend
Cool picture Louis took from across the street
At the new Disney Store-Spiderman!
Rapunzel
Louis made me run up three flights of stairs
so he could take this picture.
Do you see me?
Here's a close-up

Okay those are the last of my pictures from the weekend.  Around 2 we headed into the Conference Center where our family (John, Katie, and Craig) were performing for the institute choir.  I enjoyed it and it made me miss being in a choir like that.  After the performance we took Katie and John out to Crown burger.  Everyone got the crown burger except for me, I didn't know if my stomach would agree to pastrami or not.  Then we headed back home to our baby!  She missed us and was excited to see us.  Even though we had such a great day together, we missed her too!
On Sunday we drove to Ogden to hear John give a talk in my parent's ward and for my birthday dinner.  John did a good job and hadn't even prepared anything!  He even made a special mention of me and my birthday.  Dinner was good, (of course) and dessert was even better!  After dinner everyone just talked and the kids played.  Avery loves other kids!  Especially Tafton, they chased each other around for probably half an hour!  I tried getting a picture of them after they were done chasing each other around and were sitting in a chair together, but by the time I got my camera they had gotten down.  Avery also liked talking to baby Elizabeth, she is so in love with babies, she's going to be a good big sister.  We left a little before 8.  We were the first ones to leave when usually we're the last so that was a little sad that on the day when everyone stays later than usual we still had to leave.  It was a very good birthday and I felt very loved with all of the calls and messages I got from everyone!  Thank you!

1 comment:

Sarah Moran said...

I'm glad you had such a good birthday weekend! I just wish I could have been there to share your cake at mom and dad's! I love you