Pages

4.10.2012

Easter Weekend

We had a super fun weekend!  We will start with Friday.  Louis decided (with a little persuasion from me) to make his first ham.  He called up his dad to ask how he makes his ham because it's DELICIOUS and Louis'  ham turned out delicious as well!

Before going into the oven

We did our Easter baskets on Saturday because Avery and I were going down to my parents on Sunday.  Louis couldn't go because of work.  I thought I had the best hiding spot for Louis' basket!  I kept telling him, "You're never going to find it!"  I hid it in one of Avery's clothes bins and covered it with her clothes.  I should have put it in the bottom bin and not the top one.  He found it in about 15-20 minutes.  I also shouldn't have given him any clues.

Now you see it. . .
Now you don't!
It was still fun watching him search though
Avery enjoyed her basket
Also on Saturday we had a little Easter egg hunt/picnic for Louis' work, it was fun and I like that Josh works there as well so we have someone to talk to!  Avery got the gist of the Easter egg hunt, she learned to pick up the egg and put it in her basket.  It was cute.  I forgot my camera so whenever I get the ones from Josh and Megan I can put them up.  After the work party we went with Josh, Megan, Celestial, and Maya to the American West Heritage Center for their baby animal days.  I again forgot my camera, bummer.  It was cute to see Avery pet the animals though.  She got to pet a goat, duck, chick, and bunny.  She liked them all, but probably liked the duck the most because she knows how to say duck.  Although the bunny was probably a close second.
On Easter Sunday we went to church then came home to give Avery a nap before going down to my parents.  Avery looked so cute in her Easter dress and thanks to Megan and Celestial I was able to match her!  I had a plain black dress, but decided it wasn't Easter-y enough so I was able to borrow a purple tank top from Celestial and a purple jacket from Megan.  Thank you!

As you can tell we got sunburned Saturday
Avery and her favorite guy ever
Our family
Avery and I had fun at my mom and dad's.  We love seeing my family and don't get to that often.
Tafton and Mikaela at Gram and Grandpa's
Cute Elizabeth in her Easter dress
Ben was giving Lizzie a ride and so Tafton wanted to
John and I got to hide the Easter bags.  They all had numbers on them so we didn't know who would get which number.  John REALLY wanted to hide one right on top of the chimney, so I let him.  Megan and Ben came while John was on the roof so he had to hide up there for a while until they went inside.  We remembered that it was number 7 and I told everyone they really didn't want to get #7.  Ben Keeffer ended up getting it!
John after hiding the bag
Ben finding his bag
That was our fun weekend, I hope that everyone had a great Easter!

1 comment:

Holl.E.L.Wood said...

Let's be honest, the real reason Avery liked the ducks the most, is because the ducks are the best. Yes.