Pages

10.24.2011

Sibling Supper-Harvest Party

Now to give a quick update on our fun weekend.

As mentioned in my last post Saturday we had a Brandley sibling supper (we've planned on doing this twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall), but this was the only one we did this year.  It was fantastic!!  Megan did a great job!
We started out the day by going to the American West Heritage Center for their Fall Harvest Festival.  First we rode a horse drawn carriage, and looked at the little shops they had there

We slid down a giant hill on mats, (we spend a lot of time here). . .

Watched Maya ride a pony, rode a train, watched a gun show (all I have to say about that was I'm glad they are volunteers and not paid), and looked at old tractors.  

After the AWHC we headed back over to Josh and Megan's where we had a scavenger hunt.  It was lots of fun and the perfect kind of competition for the Brandley family.  I totally thought Jake and I had won, but Pug actually got first place.  He won a prize and the rest of us got a little toy.  We then made caramel for caramel apples, and when I say we I mean Alisha, Megan, and Kamila.  The rest of us watched Igor.  Maybe other people helped make the caramel, I'm not sure because I kinda fell asleep.  Once dinner was ready we headed outside to eat!  We had pot roast, DELICIOUS Mac & Cheese, rolls, the best salad I've ever had, and some yummy dessert made by me!

Everyone went back to the American West Heritage Center that night to go to the corn maze.  Louis and I decided not to go.   We don't like corn mazes:  darkness, being lost, walking randomly around, usually muddy ground, sometimes haunted.  From Megan and Jon's blogs it sounds like they had a good time though!
It was a lot of fun to be out with family all day and we look forward to the next sibling supper.  I just don't want to be the one to plan it, I think it's going to be hard to top this one that Megan planned!

No comments: