Pages

5.20.2012

Weekend Creations

So I have these fold-over yoga pants that I LOVE, they're amazing during pregnancy.  I wore them about 80% of the time with Avery and would have done the same with this baby if they hadn't gotten worn out.  I was in a lot of denial about them being worn out and needing to be thrown away.  I really didn't want to throw them away until I had found the perfect replacement for them either.  It was surprisingly hard to find a new pair.  Every pair of yoga pants I found seemed to have a thick piece of elastic in the waist.  That was no good for me, anything pushing on my stomach irritates me right now.  Finally a few weeks ago I found a new perfect pair!  At Shopko in the Junior's section.  Now that I think about it, I should have bought two pairs so I'd have one when these ones get worn out. . .oh well.  Sadly I got ready to say goodbye to my old, cute, perfect yoga pants, but then I got to thinking of what I could do to re-purpose them instead of just throwing them in the trash.  I found a tutorial (through pinterest of course) on how to make a knit baby hat.  It looked super simple so over the weekend I made two cute hats for my girls!  I think they turned out super cute and can't wait for my girls to wear them together!  I'll share pictures of the finished product and if you want to make one yourself click here for the tutorial.

Their two hats together
Aren't the flowers sweet?
Avery even kept the hat on which is very unlike her!
P.S. Avery goes into nursery a week from today!!  Hallelujah!  Let's celebrate!!  She's going to love it, she's so social and loves other kids.

No comments: