Pages

8.29.2011

WINNER!!

In case you didn't know Louis and I never win things.  NEVER.  So on Saturday at Louis' work party when they were giving away prizes we were ecstatic to hear his name called!  He won a Kindle and guess what. . .it's amazing.  We already really like it and we've only had it for 3 days.


The rest of the party was fun too, they do it at a park in Logan, it's pretty much the same every year.  They have big blow up toys (obstacle courses, slides, bouncy houses, jousting, etc) This year they had a rock climbing wall and a tiny pathetic zip line.  They have free cotton candy, face painting, snow cones, (free snow cone!  Free snow cone at the end of the game!) and churros.  A few years ago they had people coming in off the street so now they have bracelets for everyone.  Oh and did I mention that dinner is catered by Famous Dave's?  Louis and his brother Josh work at the same place; so Josh and his wife were there with us. That was nice for me to have someone I knew and didn't have to talk to random weird people.  We didn't do too much, but Louis and Josh jousted each other and they raced on the rock climbing wall.
Louis won the first round
Josh won the second round
You're supposed to do three rounds, but the 4 foot 12 year old working there kept getting mad at them for not having their helmets on.  So they stopped after two.  I recorded the rock climbing so I'll end with that.  The end of the video is funny when Louis was coming down.
And yes that is Spanish music playing in the background.  

3 comments:

Nanette said...

That is so cool. I've never won anything that big. I want a kindle. Hopefully sometime soon.

Sarah Moran said...

Lucky! I love my Kindle; it's been such a great way to read wherever I am without lugging heavy books around. Love the new blog background!

megs and josh said...

Blog worthy indeed. So jealous that you guys won the kindle :) good times