Pages

8.23.2011

9 Months

Avery is now 9 months old as of yesterday!  This month has been so fun!

Her stats for this month:
Length:  27 inches (50%)
Height:  20 pounds 6 ounces (75%)
Head Measurement:  17 1/2 inches (65%)

She's started slimming down now that's she crawling all over the place, but pretty well rounded all around!  Still as healthy as can be!  At her appointment Dr. Bell kept saying "She's so cute!"  It's nice to hear that from someone who see's tons of kids everyday.  Or maybe he just says that to everyone.  Avery is very smiley though and was smiling at him the whole time.  He also kept saying "She's so strong." She kept trying to fight him as he was holding her head steady so he could look in her ears.  He's said that at our last two appointments for her as well.
Avery has learned and had so many changes this month!  Here's a few new things:
~
The last update I did for her was 7 months since then she started army crawling and now is crawling ALL over the place.  She always tries to go over to the stairs.  At first she couldn't get up, but has been able to get up the first one recently.  So we now have a gate we put up to she can't get over there.
The next thing she was able to do was sit up from her crawling position.  That was wonderful!  She'd go crawling away then want to sit up to play with something and couldn't.  So when she learned to do that it was great!
~
Then she started pulling herself up.  She first pulled herself up to her dresser drawer that I had opened getting her clothes out.  She'll pull herself up to everything now.  She follows me around the house wherever I go and pull herself up my legs.  Also she'll pull herself up in her crib when I go in to get her.

I'm very glad we have that plastic casing over the railing so we won't get teeth marks from her biting it.
~
Her first word was Dada, she says it all the time.  When I go in to get her in the mornings she's usually already awake and whispering to herself.  What she's usually whispering is Dada Dada Dada, it's cute.  She'll also crawl around the house whispering Dada Dada Dada.
She's also started clapping and it's so fun!  She also recently learned how to do her seek and find books.  She loves looking at her books.  She also finger feeds herself, even though sometimes it's a mess.
This last month she got her first 2 teeth (the bottom two) and her first freckle!  Her freckle is on her right knee.  When I first saw it I thought it was dirt!  Then I tried getting it off and it wouldn't come off, Oh it's a freckle!  
Avery is so fantastic and even with her being mobile now and getting into everything, she's still fun and we love every second we have with her.  We are so blessed to have her in our family.

3 comments:

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

Love your little Avery! She is absolutely adorable and can't wait to see her and you again soon!

Unknown said...

Everytime i see her i can't get over how much she is grown! She definitly never out grows how stinkin' cute she is that is for sure.

megs and josh said...

She sure is a cutie and growing up way fast :) Josh and I just love her :)