2 o'clock came and went and no one was there.
Jon and Alisha showed up at about quarter to 3 then we waited another 2 hours and everyone else finally showed up. So a good start to our reunion. Once everything was set up Louis and I were able to introduce what we were going to be doing for the weekend. My sister Charissa gave me this idea and since then it's something I've seen going around a lot,
a lot a lot a lot!
Since I didn't want anything too competitive and not have any cheating we did a Minute to Win it competition! If you haven't seen the show, here is their website. Basically they play games with everyday household items and the competitors have a minute to finish the games. We let people take as long as they needed instead of have the 1 minute limit. The games are really fun to watch and fun to play. Since they were just fun silly games I hoped everyone wouldn't feel a need to cheat. I should have known better. It got annoying, but whatever. I tried just to relax about it, but when I've spent so long planning for this and people just treated it like they didn't care and basically made a joke out of it. It made me feel disrespected. Phew okay I'm sorry there's my venting for this post I'm done.
I made rules for the games they included:
1. Times will be recorded for each team. 3 points for 1st place. 2 points for 2nd place, and 1 point for 3rd place.
2. 2 or 3 people will go at the same time for games if possible, to speed it up. Also so no one will feel too silly going by themselves.
3. Team names will be drawn out of a hat to see what order we will go for each game.
4. All times and scores will be recorded on the official score board.
5. A mini prize will be awarded for each game and a grand prize for the overall winner
6. NO CHEATING. If you cheat you will receive no points for that game and you will sit out for the next two games. The saying "If you're not cheating, you're not trying" is stupid. So just don't. Thanks.
(Even though people did cheat I didn't have anyone sit out of games)
After I explained what we were doing we got everyone's team names, here they are:
Joel & Annette-The old farts (but Joel didn't like that so he decided they were the Grans)
Josh & Megan- The Un-mellow Yellows
Jake & Celestial- The Reminders
Alisha & Jonathan- Pugalishously Awesome
Louis & Becca- Hot Diggity dogs
Kamila & Kaileb- K squared
Sterling & Tifannee- The Flaming Flying Purple Unicorns
Then we started with the games! Most of the games are from Minute to Win it, but some are just from other games I've played before. Here are all the games we played on day 1:
Ready Spaghetti
Rubber Band Shot
Moving On Up
Suck it Up
Hanky Panky
Nose Dive
Cookie Head
(called face the cookie on minute to win it)
(called face the cookie on minute to win it)
I don't know what everybody's favorite games were(comment if you read this and tell me which was your favorite), but mine was Face the Cookie Head, and Louis' was Hanky Panky, he didn't play this one, but he said it was fun to watch.
The last night we were there it rained in the middle of the night so I don't have the official score board anymore, but I'll try to remember who won which game.
Ready Spaghetti: Using a shared pasta noodle, contestants must pick up soda cans and construct two 3-can pyramids. Jon and Alisha won this one
| Pug and Alisha in action |
| Kamila and Kaileb in action |
Moving on Up: Players mush hold a stack of blue cups with 1 green cup at the bottom. Players must move cups 1 at a time from top to bottom of the stack using alternating hands, trying to cycle the green cup back to the bottom of the stack. (I don't remember who won)
| Kamila and Kaileb |
| Tifannee is action |
Suck it Up: There is one bowl of 20 skittles and a second empty bowl. Using a straw suck up a skittle and transfer it into the second bowl. If you drop a skittle you then pass the straw to your partner and so on.
| Louis |
| Maya giving it a try |
Hanky Panky: It's not what you're thinking :) With a full tissue box one team member must pull out tissues one at a time until the box is empty. I may have cheated on this one, I'm not sure, I think a few tissues maybe came out at one on this. We didn't get any pictures of this which is unfortunate because there were tissues flying everywhere.
Nose Dive: There is a glob of vaseline, one bowl with 10 cotton balls and one empty bowl. Without using hands players must get vaseline on their nose pick up a cotton ball and transfer it into the empty bowl. Each team member transfers 5
| Tifannee, Sterling, Jonathan, and Alisha |
| Tifannee got the bowl of vaseline stuck on her nose |
| Valita and Dave were camping at the same place so they came and got to play! |
Cookie Head: Place a cookie on your forehead and without using your hands get it into your mouth. If it falls off you must start over. This is one that I've seen done a lot and thought would be fun and entertaining to watch. Plus I won 10 seconds woohoo! This was when people started saying we must have practiced and continued to say this the rest of the time. We did not practice, that's why we were keeping it a secret so no one could practice and have an advantage.
| Alisha and Annette |
| Jake and Me |
That was all the games for the first day after this we had a campfire, s'mores , talked, and enjoyed a pretty hilarious skit. I'll finish up with our weekend update tomorrow and it'll be an exciting one, including a bear scare, I'm serious. So come back tomorrow!
3 comments:
Becca,
You did a fabulous job!!! I know you worked your tail off!!! Thank you for ALL you did!!! I really liked the booty shaking game even though I was a slower competitor. It was still fun to watch and to do. I also liked the rubber band one, Jake was a pro at that :) It was a great weekend. Especially after my run :) Thank you for ALL you did to plan, prepare and execute a great reunion!!! Thank you for your friendship and love. You are a true friend! Thank you for making my run possible. We sure do love you!!!
Celestial *Starr
I can't wait for tomorrow!!! I'm so excited to hear how the rest of it went :-) Bears scare me!
love, Josh & Meg
Living without TV I've never seen or even heard of Minute to Win It, but all those games sound so fun. That would be fun for a mutual activity of FHE as well. It must have been a lot of work to plan and put everything together and I can tell you did an AMAZING job!
Post a Comment