Pages

8.02.2011

Brandley Reunion 2011 Day 2:

Day 2!!!  Josh and Megan were coming today so we waited to start the games until they got there.  I had bought shirts for all the teams that we were going to decorate.  We were going to decorate them the first day, but since everyone got there late we did that while we waited for Josh and Megan.  Everyone was very creative, I think I liked Joel and Annette's shirts the best.
It's their family tree!
Joel and Annette
You can't really see the shirts too well, but here we all are together with the front and back view

Josh and Megan came and we let them do their shirts then we started with the rest of the games!  The games for this day were:
Junk in the Trunk
Paper Dragon
Clothes Pin Drop
Penny Hose
A Bit Dicey
Baby Rattle
Elephant March
and an Obstacle Course
The first game of the day was one I was looking forward to the most because I knew it was going to be so funny to watch.  It's called Junk in the Trunk and it's the game that Charissa told me about that gave the idea for the whole theme.
Junk in the Trunk:  wiggle an emptied tissue box that is attached to your waist with 3 ping pong balls until the box is empty.  So you can imagine how funny it was to watch and for your enjoyment I have videos!  I don't know how good the quality is going to be, it's just from my camera.

Joel and Alisha

Celestial and Jonathan

Paper Dragon was next:  Player one must unspool one roll of party streamers using only one hand and arm, once player one is finished player two must do the same thing.  This one turned out pretty well and Louis said this was his favorite to do.  
Celestial
Clothes Pin Drop:  You all probably know how this one goes.  Each player has 25 clothes pins in a bowl in front of them.  They must drop the clothes pins one at a time into a bucket placed behind them, the player with the most pins in their bucket wins.  Louis won this one, he got 20 pins in the bucket.
Penny Hose:  This one is fun, Two pennies are placed in the legs of a pair of panty hose.  Using only their hands the players must inch their way down the legs to retrieve the pennies and pull them out.  Each arm must work independently.
Jonathan
Megan the champion
A Bit Dicey:  Place a popsicle stick in your mouth and balance six dice (one on top of the other) on the stick. I don't remember who won this and we also have no pictures!
Baby Rattle:  Two 2-liter bottles are connected at the mouth and there are 100 marbles in one bottle.  Transport all the marbles from one soda bottle to the other by shaking the bottles like a baby rattle.  We don't have pictures of this either.
Elephant March:  There are 5 bottles lined up on either side of a line.  Straddling the lines (one foot on each side) knock over all the bottles with an orange hanging from panty hose worn on the head.
Louis the elephant
Annette
Obstacle Course:  This is going to be confusing to write down.  Start with a 3-legged race with your partner, circle around the whole course, come back the beginning and remove the tie.  Run to the table in the middle, stack cups in a pyramid and then un-stack them.  One team member jump ropes 10 times.  Then gets behind the other team member and being their hands and feeds half a banana them.  Run over grab a balloon go back to the beginning of the course and pop the balloon with your bum!  It was fun and Louis and I won!  58 seconds I think.
Three legged race
Jump roping
eating the banana
That was the end of the games!  Here are the overall scores!
The Grands:  16
Un-Mellow Yellows:  13
The Reminders:  9
Pugalishiously Awesome:  11
Hot Diggity Dogs:  29
K squared:  5
Flaming Flying Purple Unicorns:  13
So the overall winners were Louis and me!  Then Joel and Annette!  Josh and Megan tied with Sterling and Tifannee, so we had a tie breaker and the Flaming Flying Purple Unicorns were victorious!
Now for the story of the scary bear.  We were around the campfire, it was about 10 o'clock and I was about to go change Avery's diaper to put her in bed.  I stood up and then I heard it.  A growl type of sounding thing!  It happened again and everyone heard it that time.  Celestial ran over to get Teancum who was sleeping in his car seat towards where the sound was coming from.  Josh picked up an ax and walked over to the trees to investigate.  I don't remember if it was Josh or Megan who told us, but they said they were told by someone when they were out on a four wheeler that the park ranger had said he had seen a bear wandering around.  I don't know why they decided to keep it hush hush to all of us until then.  Jake and Louis both grabbed their machete's and the rest of us huddled together by the fire.
Josh yelled at us to make a lot of noise.  So we started singing, "Families Can Be Together Forever" and Kamila was singing a beautiful rendition of "I'm going to pee my pants!"  Tifannee was shaking really bad and asked if I wanted to go into the truck with her.  I told her are you crazy the truck is towards the continuous growling sounds!  She said her dad would escort us over, so we went into the truck.  Avery helped calm Tifannee down.
The noises stopped for a while and the boys came back and we got out of the truck.  We thought everything was okay and we went back to talking around the campfire, and to the planning of sleeping in our cars!  Then the growling started again, but over by where Maya was sleeping in the tent.  Jake (Maya's dad) grabbed his machete and ran.  Josh stayed, but once we said Maya's over there he said, "Oh shiz" and ran.  Then we started hearing the growls all around us then it was obvious something fishy was going on.
A little while later, the boys came back laughing with a new person who did not leave with them.  IT WAS DAVE!  Who, as I said in the last post, happened to be camping at the same place.  Apparently they had been planning their ambush all day.  The person who told Josh and Megan the ranger saw a bear wandering around was his nephew.  I don't know the specifics, but they made the noise with a bucket and a wet rope?  I guess Jake almost chopped off Dave's head, he had his machete above his head ready to SWIPE!  All of this wasn't too funny at the time, at all, but it's slightly amusing now.  For more of the pictures from this last weekend you can look on facebook.  Alright there's my super long post about our fun reunion, congratulations to all of you who finished reading it.

2 comments:

The Thorne Family said...

Of course some one had to be making bear noises at a Brandley camping trip. My dad tells stories about his uncles doing it all the time. Sounds like a great reunion. Thanks for sharing your fun ideas.

Unknown said...

That bear story will definitley be told at many camping trips to come over the years. Thank heavens it wasn't a real bear and you all had a great time! love you cute Brandleys!