Pages

8.12.2011

The Crafting Fever

I've never been too crafty, but being in an apartment and not really being able to make any changes, I've been feeling a little crafty.  It's all just stuff for Avery's room, because white walls and nothing else, is very boring for a little girl's room.  The first thing I did were some rosette balls to hang from her ceiling.


I've been seeing these rosette flowers around a lot lately, on clothes, wreaths, and lots more.  I found the tutorial for these here.  I plan on doing my own tutorial as well, if anyone is interested??  It was super easy and cheap, but a little time consuming.  All you need for this is foam balls, party streamers, ribbon, and lots and lots of hot glue.  It turned out really cute!


Another thing i did was make a flower board thing (I guess that's what I'll call it...) for Avery's hair bows.  we had accumulated so many and I just had them in a little basket which I had to dig through whenever I was looking for one.  So at first I had this ribbon that I just hung on the wall and put the bows on while I made the board.

I found a plain wood frame at the D.I. for $2 and it was absolutely perfect for Avery's room! (I'll show you why it's so perfect here in a second)  All I did for this was spray paint (ah the wonders of spray paint!) the frame the color I wanted, (Ivory) covered the backing with fabric, and put a few rows of ribbon down the board.  It turned out great!

and here is why it's so perfect for the room. . .

I had these shelves when I was a kid and if you notice there is a heart at the top and on the frame for the bows there are hearts just like this!  It is perfect.

The next thing I did, which wasn't actually crafty I guess, was spray paint the chair that was below Avery's flower board because it was white and the board was an Ivory color.  I also spray painted her little night stand because it was also white  So now they all match.  The chair belonged to my great grandma.  My mom had "re-done" it for me a few years ago.  She re-covered the cushion with green fabric, which turned out great for Avery since I chose pink and green for her room, and she painted the chair white.  The nightstand I got in Germany when I was there visiting my sister and her family last summer.
Here is the before with the frame and the chair

Can you even tell it's different really?!  It looks good in person I promise

 Before

After 
(again you can't really tell, but in person it looks great!)

That's what I've been up to lately!  Avery's room is looking really good and I'm very happy about it!

3 comments:

Em said...

So cute!

Clarisa said...

I'd love a tutorial for the rosette balls!! They are so cute!

Unknown said...

impressive becca, you are seriously talented!