Pages

1.23.2012

14 Months

Avery turned 14 months old yesterday!  It's still crazy to me how fast this time has gone.  She so much fun and still so sweet and happy.  We love her so much.  Some new things that she does this month:  WALKING!  I already mentioned that before, but it's still exciting.
She loves shoes, she'll bring my shoes over to me and want me to put them on.  Then she'll bring me Louis' shoes and wants me to put them on too!  Since walking we got her new shoes so her feet are protected walking around outside!  She loves them and has figured out to take them off.  She does get a little confused when trying to put them back on though. . .


She's getting more teeth too, she has 6 now and I'm pretty positive there are more coming in.  She's had her fingers in her mouth the entire day.  Before she got her 6th tooth she was a little vampire baby, see:
Can you see them?  Or shall we zoom in a bit?
Please pardon the messy face, I took this after she was done eating.  Now she has one of her top front teeth so she's no longer our Vampire baby.
Avery still loves Tigger!  She'll sit and watch "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" without moving for about 10-15 minutes.  Which I like because I love that movie too, I remember watching it as a kid.  
She also still LOVES books!  She would have me read to her all day if I would.  She will bring books over to me and when we're done she'll bring another one and it just goes on forever!  Ever night we read "My Goodnight Book" it was my book from when I was little and she loves it.  Right when I sit down in our rocking chair in her room she'll lean over looking at the book because she knows that's what we do!  *Side note:  After reading the book she'll immediately fold her arms because she knows we say a prayer after we read!  Since last week she's also started clapping after I say amen, it's kind of funny!*

Avery is talking a lot, a lot of gibber gabbering.  I love it!  She says words we can recognize too.  Hi, Hewo (Hello) Ti ti ti, (Tigger) Bye, Mmmmom, Dada, Bebe, (baby-she has a little baby doll that she'll rock and give kisses to, I love it)
Right now we are working on teaching her how to use a fork and spoon.  For now I've just been giving her a fork to hold while feeding her and will occasionally hold her hand to help her get a bite.  She's great at getting it in her mouth she just doesn't get how to get the food on the utensil.  

We love our Avery baby so so so so so much!  She is so happy all of the time and is so silly.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

She is adorable and looks so much like you Becca. They grow up so fast! :)