Louis and I were doing P90X, but I don't think it's for me. P90X isn't a bad or an extremely hard workout, but it's soooo long! One workout can be like an hour and a half. Just way too much time when I have a little 8 month (almost) old daughter. She naps two 2 hours naps a day, if I spend an hour and a half working out that only leaves me half an hour. I don't want to spend all my free time working out. . .
BLAH!
I recently purchased the workout DVD "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred" after hearing about it on facebook from Kim Borchert who is also currently doing it after having an adorable baby boy a few months ago. Today I started it and I was so excited! Even after finishing the workout today, I'm still so excited!
So when I heard about this 30 day shred DVD and that the workouts are only 20 minutes long I was all over that.
I've gotten back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but not my pre-pregnancy shape if you all can understand that. My biggest problem with working out is staying dedicated. Why do something that makes me hurt and sore and gets me yucky and sweaty! Well I'm putting this up here so hopefully YOU can all keep me dedicated! If I put it up here I have to keep up with it because then people know. . . I'm obligated now. Which is good for me, I've also asked Louis to ask me every night, "Did you workout today?" So hopefully I can keep it up. If I see a good difference in my body then I'll post some after pictures, here are some before pictures I took today before my workout.
I know I really don't look bad, but when I was pretty skinny before
This was the day I found out I was pregnant that's why I'm standing weird. But look at that skinny girl! I want her back!
so good luck to me!
I don't know how good I'm going to be this weekend though, Louis' cousin and my very good friend Katie Brandley is coming home on Friday from her mission! So we're going down to Salt Lake to meet her at the airport and we'll be down in Ogden the whole weekend so I'm sure I'm not really going to be working out.
4 comments:
Good for you lady!!! Don't be surprised if your body is never like it was. It has changed completely and birthed and is nourishing a baby. So, while it may never be the same, it will still be amazing!! Have fun with Jillian!! ;)
Good for you! I might have to try that. I really need to start working out. Thanks for telling me about that DVD. I will have to look into it. :)
Let me know how you like the Shred!! I need to start working out as well but I have a short attention span when it comes to a work out!
So been there!!! And I'm there again. I have 10 more lbs to go still and I definitely do not look how I looked before getting pregnant!!! I've been running and biking and will hopefully get to do some swimming too. I love all 3 of those exercises!!! I loved your post. SO real. Anyone who has had a baby can relate!
Cats and I did the Shred during the last month of my pregnancy with T and we LOVED it!!! We did it on days that we were too late to go on our hour walk at 6 a.m. But seriously we enjoyed it Jillian Michaels is really great and motivating and not annoying like the guy on P90X (which we also tried). We didn't mind the length but the host was just TOO annoying for us to keep watching and following over and over.
Another video I would suggest is Turbo Jam. I love it and I feel that it works great!!! If you like to dance it is SUPER fun!!! I cannot think of the lady's name who does the workouts but she is WAY cute and not annoying either.
I wish you the best and want you to know I am on this voyage to get my skinny self back with you!!! I still have a long way to go but I like the BeachBody motto... Decide. Commit. Succeed. That can be us too :) Love you!!!
Post a Comment