Pages

6.07.2013

Preschool

So we're not going to put Avery into preschool so starting Monday I've been doing a little preschool with Avery.  She's really loved it and I have too!  We do 2 activities a day during Mary's 2 naps!  This weeks theme was ABC's.  She loves ABC's so it was a good theme to start with!  We did lots of fun things this week.
On Monday I made a list of the ABC's and gave it to her with a crayon.  While we went to the grocery store we searched for letters and when we found one she could scribble it out with her crayon.  That one only lasted for about 5 minutes then she wanted to be done with it and just leave the store.  Oh well!  We were starting our no-spend month that day so I needed to go grocery shopping!  Later that day we did some ABC coloring pages.  We did these everyday.

Tuesday we started with the coloring pages.  This time we painted instead of colored, which she enjoyed a lot more so we did it that way the rest of the week.  Later in the day Isaac and Alisha joined us for our activity!  We did magic appearing letters!  What you do is get a white piece of paper and with a white crayon you write a letter.  Then the child paints over it with water colors and the letter magically appears!!  It was fun even though the paint didn't show up so well!



Wednesday we did upper/lower case letter matching with Easter eggs!  I saw this idea a long time ago on Pinterest and finally got around to making it.  We also of course did the coloring pages that day too.



Thursday we watched LeapFrog's Phonics Farm on Netflix.  It goes through the alphabet with animals and Avery loves it.  We also played with playdough  on Thursday.  We rolled it out and used cookie cutters to cut out some of the alphabet.  She really enjoyed using the rolling pin.  This activity kept her occupied for a long time.  we also did more coloring pages!



Today we did more coloring pages, and more play dough!  We also played an ABC memory game I made earlier in the week.  She LOVED it!  She has a good memory and did pretty well!


Along with the coloring pages we did an uppercase/lowercase matching worksheet.  She told me where the match was and I drew the line to it.  She did pretty good, but got lost a few times. 


We had lots of fun this week!  I hope I continue to have the motivation to continue this through out the Summer, and hopefully longer.  For next week our theme is either going to be Shapes, or Animals.  Anyone have any ideas for future themes or activities??

1 comment:

Hardings said...

My grandma would have a "school" during the summer. It is one of the best memories! Ask my mom for preschool advice... She has folders and folder and more folders of preschool activities!