Pages

4.21.2013

Grandpa J's 90th Birthday Party

As I said in my last post my grandpa's birthday party was on my birthday this year.  It was wonderful!
We started out with just family and then extended family and friends came.  During the just family part Ashley read a poem she wrote of 90 memories with Grandpa.  It was really nice, some of the memories were memories we all have with our awesome Grandpa.

After her poem Uncle Dennis had some trivia about Grandpa.  The grandchildren had to answer and we got chocolate if we answered right.  I'm pretty sure Nanette won this game!

After this Grandpa got up and he had me come up and gave me a present and everyone sang to me.  That was nice, and I really appreciated it.  He then gave presents to all of the great grandchildren.  He has also been working on his life history and had a copy for everyone.  I haven't gotten too far into it, but I'm very excited to read it!


Then the party started!  There were so many people that came to celebrate my grandpa's birthday!Grandpa also had a bunch of his Senior Olympic t-shirts on display and he had his grandchildren pick one out to keep.  I took his from 2010 because that is the most recent one I to.

 Grandpa is such an amazing man I love him so very much and feel so blessed to have him in my life!

Finish the rhyme:  
I dropped my shirt in the ________
I bought a pickle for a __________ 

No comments: