Pages

7.02.2012

Manti Pageant

This weekend Louis and I were able to go to the Manti Pageant.  We were invited by some of Louis' older siblings.  I was excited!  With Louis' work and school schedule we don't get to do too many exciting things.  My sister Charissa is in town and she watched Avery for us, isn't she so nice!  Before getting to Manti we stopped at Yuba State Park to have a picnic and swim.  The water was beautiful and cold which was amazing on that hot hot day.











After we were done being in the water we showered and headed out on our way to Manti!  Along the drive we could see smoke coming up over the mountains from one of the fires down south.


When we got to Manti we saved some seats then set up our tents in the park.  Then we headed over to the church for a pretty delicious dinner!  I was surprised, I wasn't expecting the meal to be very good, but it was great.  Then we stopped to get a sno-cone!  ("Free sno-cone at the end of the game" guess how many times that was said)
The last time I went to the pageant was five years ago so I was excited to see it again.  Louis had to work a 12 hour shift the day before and hadn't gotten any sleep before the pageant.  This means he was going on 28 hours of no sleep.  Needless to say, he fell asleep within the first half hour!  That's okay, he was with me and that was all that mattered.  The pageant was good, I had a few favorite parts.  The first one was when Joseph was talking about eternal families.  That just always makes me happy.  I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal families and that I've been sealed to Louis in the temple.  It means everything to me that I get to spend eternity with him and that our children are sealed to us.  I can't imagine a life without them.  My next favorite part was when Jesus came to the Americas.  It made me think of what it's going to be like when I see Christ again.  The whole time he was there I just kept thinking I want to be able to run up to Christ and give him a huge hug.  The last thing wasn't a favorite part, it's just something that stuck out to me.  They said the word remember a lot in the pageant.  It just got me thinking of the people in my life that once believed in the gospel and somewhere along the line they forgot.  For whatever reason, they just don't believe anymore.  It's sad.  I wish they'd soften and open their heart and remember.  I think I need to make a special effort to remember the special things that happen in my life and the spiritual experiences I have had.
After the pageant we headed back to the park and talked for a little bit then went to bed!  6 hours later Louis and I were woken up by a stupid rooster that wouldn't stop crowing.  Seriously, it was crowing for about 2 hours.  Finally we decided to just get up and get ready to head home.  It was lots of fun to have a little mini getaway!


3 comments:

Sarah Moran said...

How fun! I'm glad you and Louis could have a little getaway. Did Avery have fun with Charissa?

Hardings said...

Jared and I always fall asleep at the pageant. I am trying to remember the last time I was awake for the whole thing! lol It sounds like a nice little get a away! :)

Becca said...

Sarah, I think they had a good time. They went to the Discover Place in Salt Lake and Charissa said Avery loved it. The only thing that probably wasn't very fun for Charissa was Avery's slight blow out in the morning!