Pages

7.08.2012

Independence Day Week

This past week has been fun, we've been able to spend a lot of time with family.  I'll start with Tuesday.  Up here in Logan they always do the firework show on the 3rd.  We went with Josh and Megan to a field across the street from our house which was nice because we avoided the 1+ hour drive home we would have been facing if we had gone anywhere else.  I had bought some glow sticks earlier that day and Avery had fun playing with them.  She also liked the fireworks.  Yay!  You never know, she liked them last year, but that could have changed!  The moon came up over the mountain during the fireworks and Avery kept calling it a ball.  It was super cute!

cutie patootie at the firworks

The next morning we drove down to Pleasant View and had a 4th of July breakfast with my side of the family.  We used to do this every year, but as we've all grown up and got married we've stopped.  It was so good to do it again.  A lot of people were able to come.  We enjoyed some delicious scones, fruit, biscuits and gravy, eggs, and much more.  Avery had thrown up that morning and we almost didn't go, but she was acting normal so we did.  She was pretty clingy though and has been ever since.
The boys playing basketball
Matt, Valery, Uncle Dennis, and Dad
Charissa talking to Elizabeth
After the breakfast we went back to my mom and dad's house.  The boys later went golfing and the girls and kids (minus Trey, he went golfing with the boys) played in the water.  Charissa and Sarina bought a slip n' slide and a swimming pool.  I totally thought I would get a break from holding Avery (like I said she was really clingy and didn't let me put her down much) because she LOVED water and running through the sprinklers.  I was wrong, she didn't want anything to do with it and the only time I got to put her down was when we took a break to eat popsicles.

Chase's awesome slip n' slide face
See what I mean?  What a grumpy butt


After a while Avery and I left to go visit my friend Kristy at her mom's house.  Kristy is pregnant with her first baby, a little boy.  She is 35 weeks and due on August 9th.  She is one of my first friends to have kids so it's super exciting to finally have someone to talk mommy stuff to!  Her mom had fun watching the two of us together and said, "the babies are having babies!"
Kristy at 35 weeks and me at 27 weeks
Avery and I went back to my mom's house and had dinner then I left to do a little shopping with Charissa and my mom.  It was extremely nice to have a break from Avery.  We left for home before the fireworks because Avery had been woken up from her nap early and was wouldn't of had a good time.  She fell asleep within 15 minutes of our drive home.

Yesterday some of my family came up for the Cruise-In.  Every year in Cache Valley there's a car show and on the last day of the show all the cars that want to can drive down main street and have a little car parade!  Josh had his trailer and grill parked in front of the library saving our spot and everyone brought a treat to share.  It's fun!
A green Delorean??  That's a first!

A Jeep Liberty.  I don't know why they wasted the money
to enter it into the show.
This was the first car we saw break down.  It over heated.
They ended up pushing it into a parking lot and not getting
it started again




Jake and Celestial in the cruise-in!


That was our week!  It was full of fun and family, just the way we like it!  I hope everyone had a fun Independence Day week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man I should have entered my jeep liberty;) Looks like tons of fun, that Avery just keeps getting more and more adorable!