Pages

7.12.2012

28 weeks

Welcome to the third trimester!  It feels good to be almost done.  I am getting more and more ready to meet this baby.  Although I am starting to feel a little apprehensive about having two kids.  Ever since I got called into nursery Avery has gotten EXTREMELY clingy.  All she wants is me me me.  I'm literally there with her every waking hour.  I don't even get those 2 hours a week anymore while she's in nursery.  She needs to learn how to be without me, being called into nursery pretty much ruined that.  I'm getting nervous about how she's going to be when I just can't be right there all of the time.  Especially in the beginning when it takes so long to nurse.  I think she'll be fine with the baby herself, just not so much with all the attention she'll get from us.  Tips?  Please??
I had an appointment today and the baby is doing well, her heart rate is at 154.  She was moving around a lot during my appointment, it made me happy.  Yesterday I didn't feel her move for 4 1/2 hours and I was starting to freak out.  She almost always is moving around like a mad women at 8 or 8:30 in the morning, but yesterday she didn't.  I ate some breakfast and said a prayer and she moved a little at 9 then I didn't feel her again until 1:30.  I almost went in to make sure she was okay, but then she finally moved and I started crying!  After that she was crazy the whole day.  I did't like the little teaser she was being.  At the appointment today Dr. Craig told me I'm anemic.  I already knew that from my appointment last month, they told me I was anemic and that I needed to take an iron supplement.  Today though Dr. Craig said I'm very anemic!  She said that "back in the day" if your iron level was at 30 you'd be immediately taken up to get a transfusion.  My iron level is at 32!  The plan now is to test me again at my 6 weeks postpartum appointment and at my annual check ups we'll also check it.  Just to make sure it's not a problem I have all of the time.  She suggested I eat a lot of spinach.
I've been starting to get uncomfortable.  The last two weeks I've been having sciatic nerve pain.  (sciatica) It started when we went to Manti.  When we were walking around I would randomly have sharp shooting pains go from my lower back to my hip.  Not fun, but it doesn't happen too very often.  Other than that I still have heartburn and that's pretty much it.  Besides just the ever growing size of my stomach making it hard to bend over without loosing my breath.  Also my belly button is pretty much all the way out.  I don't know if it will pop out any more than it is now.  I like it :) it's the only time I get to see the inside of my belly button!
I have been nesting a lot by making things for the baby.  I've made two car seat covers, many burp cloths, (when I say burp cloths I mean I took plain white ones and added to them a bit) and three adorable skirts.  I want to make more skirts because they are so easy and turn out so cute!  I think I have plenty for this baby though!  I'll probably make some, but save them as presents for other people!  I've made most of these things all in the last week too!
The first cover
The second cover
5 burp cloths
My first skirt matched with one of the onesies Sarah made

Bubble skirt

Did you notice the second car seat cover matches the diaper bag my sister made for me?  I made the first one before I got the bag and once I got the bag I said, "What was I thinking?  Why didn't I make it to match the bag?"  I already knew what the fabric looked like because I picked it out.  So I decided to make a new one to match!
See?  Matchy matchy!
Avery likes playing hide and seek in there
I'll save the blue and yellow one and give it to someone as a gift.  Also if you noticed I made a skirt and burp cloth to match the bag and car seat cover.  Obviously, I like the fabric!  

We are very much looking forward to this baby girl, only 12 weeks until my due date!  If I have her as early as Avery then there's only 9 more weeks!

2 comments:

Sarah Moran said...

I was anemic with all our girls, and for at least a year after they were born. The iron supplements made me sick, so I tried to eat more foods with iron. Hopefully your levels will come back up soon.

Anonymous said...

Avery tips: Uncle Josh time :)