This long Thanksgiving weekend started out with a little Turkey Bowl fun. Louis' family (most years) meets up at Ben Lomond High Thanksgiving morning. This is my first year going, last year I had a 3 day old and the year before that, well I just wanted to sleep. I didn't really play this year either, I just watched Louis which is all he wanted anyway, to show off for me.
 |
| Louis tackling the 7'2" guy Joel trying to catch Louis |
 |
| Kamila before she got taken down Kaileb taking a break |
 |
| A normal picture and a silly one! |
We went to both families this year, the Brandley's first and then the Keeffer's. The Brandley's have their dinner at Grandpa Brandley's there was some delicious food, holy cow good food! Our favorites were; Diana's rolls (I think that's who made them) and Joel's Turkey. We got to my parent's at 4 to put Avery down for a nap and to help set up. I tried to pace myself at the Brandley's, but didn't do a very good job so didn't eat too much at the Keeffer's. My favorite things were the delicious pull apart rolls. They are always my favorite.
 |
| Brandley house |
 |
| A self timer picture. It didn't turn out so well with the lights |
I did go shopping on Friday, but my mom and I didn't leave until 6 in the morning and we still got everything we wanted.
Every year on the weekend after Thanksgiving they go to a cabin and there's good food, dancing, a talent show, an auction, and late nights, very very late nights. The proceeds from the auction are donated to the missionaries in the family, Phillip and almost Austin.
 |
| Don't you wish you were part of our family? |
This year they also had a few other things to raise money for the missionaries, face painting, and painting fingernails and toenails. Megan and I did each other's nails and then some little girls asked us to do theirs as well. Also Jon agreed to get his fingernails painted for $5. All for the sake of the missionaries of course. I'm pretty sure he'd prefer me to say he did it for $20 and not just $5 :) but his nails turned out super cute.
 |
| Proof |
This was the first year I slept over, I'm so glad we were in this new cabin, the old cabin was one room with a kitchen. There's no way Avery would have slept in that. This cabin though (Camp Fife, it's a Boy Scout camp) we were able to have our own room, and she slept like a champ!
It was a good weekend and was great to have Louis for almost 5 days straight. That was probably the best thing about my weekend. I hope you enjoyed this super long post! Also do you notice in all of my pictures from this weekend that's a weird fuzzy part in the middle? Yeah apparently there's a scratch on the lens. It's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment