I've had a few people in the last little while ask about recipes, some just to everyone on Facebook and some to me personally. I love my crock pot. Throw some stuff in there and walk away for a few hours, come back to tasty deliciousness? Mmmhmm. So I figured I'd just share some of my favorite crock pot recipes on here!
Spanish Rice
2 lb. ground beef
2 C. long-grain rice
16 oz. jar salsa
2 C. water
1 tsp. chili powder
1 16 oz. can corn, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
1 C. cheddar cheese, grated
Brown ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Drain fat. Mix ground beef with remaining ingredients, except cheese, in slow-cooker. Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or low 6-8 hours or until rice is tender. Stir in cheese during last hour of cooking time. This is great eaten plain, in a tortilla, or with chips.
Orange Chicken*
4 Boneless chicken breast, chopped into small chunks
1/3 C. flour
Olive oil
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp. ketchup
6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate (thaw or throw in the microwave for 45 seconds)
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
In a bowl, mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and ketchup. Pour the flour in a small bowl. Cover the chicken breast chunks in flour and shake off excess. Pour a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown the flour-covered. After the chicken is done cooking, pour the pieces into the crock pot. Then cover the chicken with your sauce mixture and stir. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Serve over rice.
*found on sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com
Sloppy Joes
3 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 C. chopped onion
2 sections minced garlic
1/2 C. green bell pepper
1/2 C. red bell pepper
1 C. ketchup or BBQ sauce
2 Tbsp. vinegar
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Brown and drain ground beef. Mix ground beef with the rest of the ingredients in a crock pot. Cook for 6-8 hours of low or 2-4 hours on high.
Italian Chicken
1 package Italian dressing mix (dry)
1/2 C. water
2-3 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz/ packet cream cheese
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Put water, Italian dressing and chicken breast in crock pot and cook for 1 hour on high. mix soup and cream cheese together and add to crock pot with the basil, salt, and pepper. You can add more water and another can of soup to make it go further and have more sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 more hours or low for 6 hours. Serve over rice or shred chicken and add to some pasta.
Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1 (15 1/2oz.) can black beans
1 (15 oz.) can corn
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
take frozen chicken and put into crock pot. Add black beans (drained), salsa, and corn (drained). Cook on crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked. Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top) and let sit for about 1/2 hour. We usually eat this as a dip, just shred chicken before you add the cream cheese.
Hope you enjoy!
2 comments:
Thanks Becca!! These look sooo good, I can't wait to try them! :) Colbs and I don't get home until late some nights and it's so nice to have dinner waiting for you! But I only have a couple recipes so I'm excited to branch out and make us some new stuff! :)
Ooh, I think I'll need to try the Spanish Rice; that looks really good. Thanks for the great recipe ideas!
Post a Comment