Pages

8.01.2015

No Spend Month Take Two

Some of you may remember two years ago when Louis and I did a no spend month.  Here's that post if you want to go read it.  Louis and I had been talking a few weeks ago and decided to do another no spend month in August!  With my family being in town and going out to eat more often and spending a lot of money on gas, it was a perfect time!  As a reminder, no spend month means we spend no money!  Except for bills, we will hopefully spend no money.  We had three pay checks in July so that was nice to be able to use some of that third pay check to stock up on diapers, formula, paper towels, etc.  We also did our grocery shopping for August with that third pay check.  We were able to only spend just over $100 as well on those groceries!  This time around we have decided to give ourselves $50 of "just in case" cash.  So here we are day 1!  We shall see how we do!  In 2013 we resorted to making our own bread, which included grinding our own wheat, making our own tortillas, going without q-tips, Ziploc bags, and more.

I thought I would share our menu for the month.  It is filled with super simple and cheap meals which are always nice to have every now and then to save on grocery bills!  I will post some of the recipes through out the month.




No comments: