Pages

8.26.2015

Back to School Feast 2015

If you read the Nie Nie Dialogues blog then you may have seen that she  does a back to school feast each year for her kids.  They have a theme for the next year, she gives her kids a present, her decorations are amazing!  When I first read about it, I loved the idea!  Now that Avery is starting preschool we decided to have a back to school feast for Family Home Evening this week.
I started by thinking about what I wanted our theme to be for the year.  A few saying and scriptures came to mind and I ultimately decided on "Have courage, and be kind"  It is from the new Cinderella movie.  I thought it fitting for our family this year.  


Once I had the theme for the year I started on decorations, I'm not one for super fancy decorations so we decked our house out in streamers and called it good!



We started the night out with dinner, I had asked Avery what her perfect dinner would be and she said marshmallows, graham crackers, and rice!  We had chicken, rice, and marshmallows for her! 





After dinner I talked about school starting and how Louis and I had come up with a theme for the next year.  I read the theme and then had the girls each read a scripture, one on courage, and one on kindness.


Once that was done Louis gave Avery her first back to school father's blessing and it was wonderful.  When I was growing up we always had a father' blessing before school as well as get a few new school clothes so after the blessing Avery got to open up a new outfit.  We also gave her a new I am a child of God necklace because her old one had broken and got lost.  


It was a good night together, I am excited and nervous for Avery to be leaving the house for school.  She's going to have a blast and I'm sure she'll do great!

1 comment:

Hardings said...

I LOVE your theme! You are such a great mommy!