Pages

8.31.2015

Man Vs. Mud

I once again participated in the Man Vs. Mud 5K and it was a muddy blast!!  
This year I did it with Kami, Tifannee, Kassie, and Brittany.


I was a bit nervous because literally zero training went into this.  Luckily this is a fairly easy race, with the excitement, adrenaline, and fun it makes it easier.  If you don't know what Man Vs. Mud is, let me tell you!  It is a 5K race with a twist!  There are obstacles along the way, things like trudging through muddy, dirty, mysterious, stomach deep water, balance beams, tunnels, rolling over hay bales, going down a slide on a tube, more muddy, dirty, mysterious water.  It is seriously fun!  The only down part for me this year was I got a bloody nose towards the end of the race after falling in water when I was trying (failing miserably) to cross a river going from one tube to the other.  I don't even know what caused it, I don't remember hitting anything when I fell off.  I headed over to the ambulance because I figured they'd have something for me.  They were able to give me some gauze.  I ended up missing two obstacles while taking care of it.  Which was good because in that second obstacle Kami and Tif wrestled like mad women in the mud pit.  I was happy to not be a part of that!
This race is definitely one I'll do again!

Before the race

Getting ready to start




This was after the mud wrestling that I missed


No comments: