Pages

12.12.2014

Christmas Traditions

For the last 8 years or so John and I have watched the same two Christmas movies each year.  How the Grinch Stole Christmas (with Jim Carrey) and The Santa Clause.  It used to be on Christmas Eve, but now that we're both married and live an hour apart we do it when we can around Christmas.  Last night was the night this year for us to watch our movies.  This is a tradition with just John and me because we were the last two kids left in the house growing up so we were the only ones together to watch these movies!  I think it's really fun that we've been able to do it for this long.  Hopefully we'll be staying close enough to each other that it can continue.

My favorite Christmas movie night memory was in 2007.  John thought my lotion smelled so good that he couldn't help tasting it.  It didn't end up tasting good.  Then he gave it a second try.  It still didn't taste good.

2014

2013

2012

2011

Another tradition of ours is the Indian underwear.  This one has been going on since John's senior year of high school.  He played an Indian Chief in the play Peter Pan.  My friend Brittany and I made him a headdress, got beads, and decorated these wonderful pink granny panties.  He put on the headdress, he put on the beads, but he refused to put on the underwear!  


Ever since, John and I have been hiding them back and forth for each other to find.  My favorite places:  John's scripture bag to discover in seminary and the back of a picture frame with pictures of us both wearing the underwear.

Today while getting the girls ready for bed I opened up Mary's pajama drawer and found these!


It was hilarious!  Now to think of a great way to return them to John!


No comments: