Pages

11.23.2014

Cinderella Surprise Party

Avery watched a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode a while back where they throw Minnie a surprise birthday party.  She thought that was really fun so Louis and I decided to do a surprise birthday party for her this year!  Avery has been saying for months that she's going to have a Cinderella birthday, so it became a surprise Cinderella princess party.


Avery's birthday is on the 22nd, but we did her party the day before because Louis' cousin was getting married on her birthday.


The party went wonderfully!  For those who don't know, there are 4 birthdays within two days in my family!  John and Lizzie are on the 21st and my Mom and Avery are on the 22nd.  John and Courtney came up to help me out with setting up for the party since Louis ended up having to work the weekend.  Courtney stayed with the girls and I told Avery I was taking John out for his birthday when really he was going to be helping decorate.





Once everyone was at the party I told Louis to head over.  Avery thought we were going to be having dinner with John for his birthday.  

waiting to say surprise

She was SO shocked when she walked in and everyone shouted surprise!  I wish I had gotten a better picture, but this is all I got. 


John took a video, if he sends it to me I'll post it.  She jumped and put her hands on her cheeks in shock!  The first things she said was, "It's not my birthday!"  I knew she'd react like that!  The whole night she kept saying it was not her birthday and she was not 4.  It was John's birthday, her birthday was tomorrow.
We started our night with eating dinner.  I planned Avery's favorite, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, fruit, and chips.  While we were eating I also let everyone know that I had set up a table where they could write a letter to their favorite Disney character.  I have mailed them out and they should get a signed picture in return!  



After everyone was done eating we did a few games.  For the first one we all sat in a circle.  We had a small blue ball and a glass slipper.  The ball represented the prince and the glass slipper represented Cinderella.  We had to pass around the two objects as fast as we could trying to get the prince to catch Cinderella after she ran away at midnight.  
After that game we played pin the glass slipper on Cinderella.  Avery is surprisingly good at these games.  

Then it was present time!  Avery did not want to open her presents!  She said it was not her birthday and that John had to open the presents.  We convinced her to open her presents with John.  After the first present she was very excited to open them up!  She LOVED everything she received.





Then it was cake time and the party was done!  




I was going to include her actual birthday in this post too, but it's already getting long!  
I'll save it for another post.

No comments: