Pages

7.29.2013

Weekend in Nampa

This last weekend we made our way up to Nampa, Idaho to visit my Grandpa and Grandma J.  It had been 4 years since Louis and I had visited.  This was our first ever road trip with the kids!  Things went well on the drive.  I did end up spending most of the drive in the back seat with the kids, which was less than awesome, but it could have been worse.  We planned on breaking up the four and a half hour drive by stopping in Twin Falls to see the falls and walk around the temple, but we missed the exit!!  We didn't even realize until about 10 miles past the exit.  Oops!  Instead we stopped at a convenient store and walked around a little bit and got some lunch.  After that we only had a little over an hour to drive.

Our first day was pretty relaxed.  We went straight to their house and caught up for a little bit and decided what we were going to do for the rest of the day.  Avery was shy at first, but warmed up pretty quick, especially after the toy closet was opened.  She found a football and pulled Grandma J. outside to play!  Avery would throw the ball and kick it while Grandma sat in a chair and watched.  
After we decided what to do the rest of the day we headed to our hotel so we could unpack the car and Mary could take a nap.  While Mary napped I went across the street and shopped!  I saw a sign for Gordman's and had to go!  I've heard great things about it from Kami, but have never been because it's in Riverdale.  It is a dangerous store, there is so much and everything is at such a great price!  After Mary's nap I fed her then we met up with Grandpa and Grandma to go have dinner.  I can't remember the name of the place we went.  Some pizza place.  It was kind of like Firehouse Pizza here in Smithfield and Logan.  So really good!  
After that we headed back to the hotel and decided to have a late night with the kids and go swimming!  It would be Mary's first time really swimming.  She loved it!  Avery even liked it!  Success!  By the end Avery was even jumping off the edge and letting me catch her!  It was lots of fun.

The next day we headed over to their house and we all drove over to the Farmer's Market to walk around.  It was super tiny, but nice.  My Grandpa is having some problems with his leg and so he only walked around for a few minutes and then went to sit down with Grandma.  After that we headed back to their house so Mary could nap and just relaxed.  We played a little golf of course!  Then had lunch.  I wanted to do something for my grandparents so I had made Chicken Salad for sandwiches that day.  It was delicious.
When Mary got up and we fed her we headed out to an arcade!  We had planned on bowling, but Avery was having a lot of fun at the arcade so we stayed their!  It was her first time and she really enjoyed it.  Avery got some fun prizes with her tickets too!  If we come up again next year she's going to have even more fun!  After the arcade we stopped to get gas then stopped at McDonalds to get dinner.  The total was 18.93.  (That was a good year!)  After we got some Mc-fries and Mc-burgers and Mc-apple slices we headed back home to eat!  Then we enjoyed some ice cream and cake!
Then I ran across the street to ask a neighbor for help giving Grandpa a blessing for his leg.  Louis gave him a blessing and Grandpa said his leg was already feeling a little better!  We hope he gets things figured out with it soon.  Then we sat and talked for a little bit and took a picture of all of us together and then we headed back to the hotel!

Avery really wanted to go swimming again, but we had to say no.  She was a little sad when we put her in her pajamas and not her swim suit.  While I got Avery to bed Louis took Mary into the hall to crawl around.  He said he got lots of comments "I remember those day!"  "Doing a bedtime walk?"  When both the girls were in bed Louis and I sat in the hall and played some games until we were ready for bed.  One of the men who had talked to Louis earlier when he was out with Mary came back and said, "Play the ace of spades!  Got the little one to sleep huh?"  Haha!  

We headed to bed a little early because we decided to leave at 5 in the morning so the kids would sleep most of the drive home.  It actually turned out pretty well.  Louis drove most of the way so I got to fall asleep for a little bit too.  While I was sleeping Louis went the wrong was and we ended up driving through Pocatello.  It was a fun detour though!

Then I took some "scenic" pictures because I was thinking of my mom and how we would always take the "scenic route."  Megan and I would say, "This is so scenic!"  
It actually really was really pretty.  Even though it is just fields.  This one was from my phone and it kind of turned out old looking.  Pretty beautiful!  No filter.  (except for our dirty van window from the rain)

Here are some more pictures.  It really was scenic!  We live in a beautiful world.  I am very grateful for what we have been blessed with. 
Does anyone remember when I thought the sun was really yellow flowers?  I was totally convinced that the big yellow spot on the mountain in the valley was flowers and I insisted and insisted that they were!  Then finally I noticed, "Oh, that's the sun."  Well in the bottom picture, those are really yellow flowers.  

We all had such and great weekend and enjoyed our time with my grandparents so much!  We love them and are so grateful for the great, loving, gracious people they are.  We hope to visit them again next year!

1 comment:

megs and josh said...

"This is SO scenic!" Now that's funny.I don't care who you are. Looks like a nice getaway. Whoops on missing exits. Grandparents are the best!