My parents left for their LDS mission to Milan Italy on Monday morning.
We got to spend their last day in Utah with them.
It started out at Ben's Sacrament meeting. Which was interesting. All I'm going to say is that I really wanted to walk out of that meeting and I wish that speaker the best.
After church we went back to Ben's and took some pictures with my parents.
It was very different to see them with a missionary name tag on.
After lunch my mom and I went on a nice walk. It turned out a lot longer than we planned because we kept wanting to walk up just one more street to look at the houses. We both chose multiple houses we were going to live in. After out walk we just sat around waiting for the rest of the family to get there. Then we prepared dinner. We had an Italian themed dinner of course!
I made Spaghetti Carbonara, John and Courtney brought garlic bread, Megan made a salad, and Ben provided Gelato for dessert. After dinner we sat and talked for a long time then said our goodbyes.
It was incredible to see the transformation that has already taken place in my parents as missionaries. They had a different spirit about them that I had never felt before. They are happy and sure about the path that they are on right now and you could easily see that. They are going to do amazing work and we really hope to be able to visit them sometime in these next two years.



3 comments:
That was a beautiful post Becca. What a special day and a nice tribute. Your parents will be great in their service and they and their family will be blessed because of it.
Will they do a blog?
No they're not planning on doing a blog.
Post a Comment