Saturday was our 3 year anniversary! We had a great time celebrating! Louis' parents took Avery for a loooong weekend. I dropped her off Wednesday night right before her bedtime and we picked her up this afternoon. So that's 3 whole days without Avery. It was a long time and we missed her a lot, but it was also quite nice to have some time that was just Louis and me. So let's start with Thursday. Louis had to work until 11 in the morning so when he got home I made brunch for us: scones, scrambled eggs, and some grapes with juice and water.

Louis had to work that night as well so we just stayed home and played games and watched a movie. On Friday we went to breakfast at Village Inn, even though we didn't get the best service, the food was delicious. Then we went to the D.I. to find a temple dress that would fit me so I don't have to rent one when I go to the temple. I have a skirt and it doesn't exactly zip up over my tummy. Let me tell you it's a lot cheaper to find one at the D.I. for $4 than to buy a new one for $40. We found a dress and we also found a cute little man tie and vest! Even though we don't have a boy we got it for if we do, because it was adorable!
 |
| We already had the little white onesie |
Then we went to get a few groceries! After we had gotten everything we needed we headed back home and packed a picnic for lunch then headed to Providence to go to the Willows Miniature Golf Course. Louis and I had never been miniature golfing together! It seems silly because it's such a generic date that everyone has done. It was a lot of fun! The course was great! There was only one other group there which was nice. It's 18 holes and very shady through the whole thing. The only weird thing is that they give you a huge clipboard to hold your score card, so we had to hold that huge thing through the game. I was winning for most of the course, but then Louis ended up beating me. I am proud to say though that I got a hole in one and Louis didn't! The winner of the game gets a voucher for a free game too, so we'll be going back some time!
 |
| Louis and I heading out for the day |
 |
| Getting ready to play |
 |
| Louis in action |
 |
| The confusing huge clipboard |
After the game we headed over to a park for our picnic which was nice! Then we headed over to Arctic Circle and we shared a Huckleberry shake, it was delicious! Go and get one before they stop making them. Since Louis had worked that night we headed home so Louis could take a nap and I got ready for our plans for the night. We were staying in for dinner and dancing! So I did my hair and got dressed and prepared dinner. I made Louis' favorite, Lasagna. I also made rolls and we had some vegetables. I also found this adorable little bottle of sparkling cider. It was a really nice night, and I think that this day was my favorite of the whole weekend. Now here's an awkward picture of us from before we started dinner, I have a weird double chin almost going on.
 |
| Our table |
 |
| Cute little bottle! |
Saturday we went to do sealings at the temple. It was super hot in there, but the workers are always so nice and kept saying, "are you doing okay?? Just tell us when you need to stop!" We saw about 7 or 8 weddings while we were there. After the temple we went to look at a couple houses, we've kind of been looking into buying a house. When we were done with the houses we did a little bit of window shopping until it was time for our movie. We saw Men in Black 3, we both liked it! Then we went home to relax before it was time for dinner. We decided to go to the Beehive Grill. We had never been there and have heard good things about it. They brew their own root beer and we had heard it was really great. In reality, it was only okay. We really liked the food and the environment though. It was a really relaxed, fun atmosphere. I had the Asiago & Garlic Ravioli and Louis had the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich. After dinner we came home and played some card games then went to sleep.

It has been a very wonderful 3 years! We have continued to grow closer together and our love has grown deeper. We are very happy and love our life together. We look forward to this next year and all that it will bring, especially our new baby girl! We had a great long weekend together and think we'll do another at home anniversary celebration next year, but Louis will plan instead.
P.S. We've finally decided on a name for the baby! Louis was even the one to come up with it! Which is surprising since he suggested one name and I suggested at least a dozen. We don't think we're going to announce it until the baby comes, so until then I'll leave you in suspense :)
1 comment:
Thanks for keeping us in suspense about the baby name! It sounds as if you had a lovely weekend with Louis. How nice to have some time just the two of you before the new one arrives.
Post a Comment