Has her dad completely wrapped around her little finger.
Avery has been a sick-y baby today. Lots of congestion, a fever (102.1 when I took it before she went to bed), fast short breaths, and not much of an appetite AT ALL! She's also not wanting to drink. So at around 10:30 tonight Louis decided we should give her a blessing (Louis is also sick: coughing, sore throat, and headache) and called all of his brothers up here in Logan. Jake who we've heard is also sick didn't answer, his phone went straight to voice mail. Pug also didn't answer. So then we called Josh (he's the sickest of us all) we didn't want to resort to it, but we knew he'd answer. Which he did and immediately came over. Then the sick blessed the sick. I am grateful for the power of the Priesthood and for the wonderful men in my life.
Now back to the Avery having Louis wrapped around her little finger. You would think that I would be the worrier in our relationship, but no, it turns out Louis is. Before calling Josh over for a blessing he insisted that we take her temperature again. Seriously, he insisted, I tried to talk him out of it, there's no point in worrying yourself by taking their temperature every hour. I had just taken it 2 hours ago before bedtime. We luckily were able to do it without waking her up. When Josh was on his way over he took Avery out of her crib and cuddled her. Then after Josh left he took her back and cuddled her with a lukewarm washcloth on her chest. He held her for probably an HOUR (she was asleep in his arms) I went in multiple times saying you should lay her in bed now. I said you can't hold her all night to which he replied yes I can. Geez! To stall putting her back in bed Louis asked me to listen to her breathing to see if it had gotten any better (it had a little bit). He then said we should see if she'll drink anything before we put her down. I went and got her water bottle, but she wouldn't drink out of it. Louis said to go get a cup instead. She drank a few gulps out of that. He still was cuddling her. I told him what's important now if for her to get a good nights rest so he should put her in bed. He finally said okay. . .and 15 minutes later he finally came downstairs. He sure loves his little girl.
2 comments:
That is such a sweet story, those Brandley boys make amazing Fathers, and Uncles! I hope Avery and Louis get better very soon!
Such a sweet story! I hope she gets feeling better soon:0)
Post a Comment