Pages

3.14.2012

1st appointment

Well it finally came, my first appointment for this new baby!  Unless you have a higher risk pregnancy my OB doesn't like to see you until you are 10-12 weeks.  It's weird to me, but she's a great doctor, she helps you feel relaxed and takes time to answer any questions you have.  When she's with you, it's all about you (and your baby of course).  We started by filling out all the paper work and met with the financial lady to set up a payment plan.  Then I went in and they took my blood pressure and my weight.  Then I got to have a pap smear, joy.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to, it's been just barely over a year since I've had one.  After that it was the good part, we got to see our baby!  She said, "Okay let's look and make sure there's only one in there."  I hadn't told her of my fear that I was having twins.  She kept saying it too, "Okay let's keep looking, is there only one?"  I know that for the first appointment they do verify how many babies, she just kept saying it and looking.  It seemed weird.  There is only one in there by the way!  It's a cute little peanut!  Unlike Avery who was jumping around looking like she had the hiccups at our first appointment (Louis said she was dancing around for us) this baby was more mellow and relaxed and wasn't moving around.  My doctor even shook it around trying to wake it up, but it wasn't having it.  It was just sleepy I guess.  Everything looks good, the heartbeat is strong and it is measuring right.  My due date is still October 3rd even though the baby is measuring a few days ahead at this point.  3-4 days.  It was a fun appointment!  So for the first appointment you have to have your blood drawn, I forgot about this.  It's really not that bad, I just play it up so much in my mind.  All in all a very good morning.
Here's our baby!
This is a 3D one and it's hard to make things out at
this point, but this is the face.
Maybe this will help you make it out!  Enlarge the picture
to read the descriptions.
This is me at 11 weeks, maybe this
belly is why the OB kept looking
for twins!

No comments: