Before our trip to England one thing that we were really looking forward to was Louis' 30th birthday party! I started thinking about it and what we could do probably 6 months before he even had his birthday! Louis loves having his birthday be a big deal and really celebrated so I try hard to make him feel special on his day. Several months before his birthday he started singing the red solo cup song then pulled it up on the computer so I got the idea to do a red solo cup party! It ended up being really fun!
We decided to do a bunch of minute to win it games that involved cups. I think minute to win it games are my favorite thing to do for a birthday party because they are fun, they are quick, and you usually have everything you need at home already! Not everyone decided to participate with the games, but those who did had a fun time and the kids had fun messing around with the cups too! For food I just did a taco bar, I had made taco meat through the month before and frozen it so I could pull it out and dump it in a crock pot when it was time for the party. We also did a cup hat competition, we asked everyone to make a cup party hat for the party and the best one would win a prize. I made an awesome trophy out of two red solo cups and some cardboard for handles then spray painted it gold. I wish I had remembered to take a picture because it turned out pretty cool.
The party ended up being a fun night with family and Louis had a good time, which is what really matters!





No comments:
Post a Comment