We can hardly believe our girl is seven! Avery is such a delight to have in our family, she has such a great bubbly personality! She loves people, loves to talk to people, and be around lots of people. She is wanting to be very independent, starting to want to take on more responsibility, and have stewardship over more things. She is still such a smart little girl and learning so much all the time, taking in everything she can. She has gotten so great with reading and goes through several small chapter books a week.
Avery was lucky enough not to have school on her birthday because it was the day before Thanksgiving. On her birthday we did something special and sprayed both Avery and Mary's hair pink! They absolutely loved it! Something else super special for Avery was that Louis' boss let him leave work for the day just after lunch and he surprised her. We all loved having Louis home 4 hours before we expected. Avery had a fun request for dinner that night, she wanted to go to Burger King for a cheeseburger! This last year she has discovered that she actually really likes cheeseburgers and obviously since Burger King is the king of burgers they must have the best ones around! It was fun and special for all of the kids since we don't go out to eat too often. After dinner we headed back home for cake and presents and it was off to bed.
Avery was a little sad that she didn't get a party this year. She even told several friends that they were invited to her party because she was sure that I was planning a surprise party! I told her that next year when she turns 8 it will be a really big deal because of her baptism, so hopefully she's okay with no party this year. I also told her I only remember having two or three birthday parties growing up and it's okay if she doesn't have a party every year. It doesn't mean that we're not going to celebrate her at home as a family! My favorite part of her birthday was having her help me make her cake, she got to pick what kind of cake we made and then pick what color she wanted the cake (lilac) and the frosting, (teal) and she even picked two different kinds of sprinkles to go on top. I didn't ask Avery, but if I had to guess I'd say that her favorite part was also the cake, not the making of the cake, but the eating of the cake!



No comments:
Post a Comment