Pages

8.21.2017

8 Years!

Over the weekend Louis and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary!  It was such a wonderful celebration together.  A few months ago I got the idea to go camping for our anniversary this year.  If you know me, you know I do not like camping.  But I do love Louis and I knew it would be something he would love.  I brought up the idea to him and he was surprised that I was even suggesting it!  It ended up being one of our best anniversary celebrations.

Thursday night we headed up into the mountains to the camping spot Louis had set up earlier in the morning.  We finished setting up the camp and had dinner (we got pizza on the way up).  Louis made a fire and we sat there talking, roasting marshmallows and looking at the stars.  It had been a long time since I'd seen the stars like that.  It is still one of my favorite sights.  I wish I had the capability to take a picture of how wondrous it was.  When the fire was almost out we stood up and were watching the stars when a shooting star passed by!  It was such a nice night just sitting together with the sound of the stream in the background.





It was so cold that night!  We had two blankets, but I was still cold and did not sleep very well.  Louis woke up just after 6 and I woke up just before 7.  A few minutes after I woke up I heard someone ask Louis if he had jumper cables and could come help them.  Apparently this girl's friend had gotten drunk, then got scared and turned her car headlights on all night long!  
We ate breakfast and searched for deer.  Not to brag, actually yes I'm bragging, Louis spotted 0 deer and I spotted 3!  He said he's always going to take me hunting with him now.  We took a nap since it was a little warmer and we could comfortably sleep, then packed up and headed out on a little hike.  




We then headed home to shower and get ready for the temple and dinner.  We like to do sealings on our anniversary and this year was extra sweet because of the couple we ended up being with.  I'm going to share here what I already shared on Facebook.  We were in the sealing room with two other couples.  One of them was celebrating their 33rd anniversary and that day they'd done baptisms, confirmations, initiatory, an endowment session, and sealings.  They also said that they had not been to the temple together in 5 years because they have a highly special needs boy, and until recently they weren't living by family.  The other couple we were with had been married for 62 years!  It was sweet to see the love they had for each other and how the husband took care of his wife.  It was nice to share our anniversary celebration with them.
We had a gift card to Chili's so we went their for dinner and afterwards got a Redbox movie to take back home.  It was such a great anniversary together, we both loved it!



I am so blessed to have Louis as my husband.
He is patient, funny, kind, strong, hard working, can figure anything out, spiritual, and so accepting of everything that I am. I'm grateful I have him for eternity.

No comments: