After that we headed back out to Vegas. We did make a short stop when we drove through a corner of Arizona just to take a picture so I can say that I have been to Arizona!
When we got to Vegas we checked in to our hotels then headed over to Matt and Valerey's house. We spent some time there and then went out to dinner. We then drove into Vegas and spent some time at the Container Park. It's built from shipping containers stacked two or three stories high. There are restaurants, fun shops, a cool playground, among other things. Outside it has a huge praying mantis that spits out fire from its antennae. Then we walked a bit down Fremont St, which my Mom says she considers the old "strip". Louis and I did not like it. So many people, so many awful smells, just not for us.
Monday morning we headed home, we made another stop in St. George to talk to Louis' cousin and went out to lunch with him then it was back to the road. It was so windy on the way home! We just made a few pit stops, but mostly Louis and I slept on the way home! It was nice to get back to our kids and especially nice to get back home after a long, but quick weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment