Pages

9.01.2015

Bro's Backpacking Trip

Louis and some friends from work went on an overnight backpacking trip last weekend and he had a great time!  He had been looking forward to it so much for almost a month and it was so cute!  
Don't tell him I said it was cute.  Actually go ahead and do it, I told him several times!  

It was so fun watching Louis get excited about something that he loves!  Especially with all of the overtime he's been working.  


Louis headed out last Friday around 2:00 and picked up his friend Jason then they headed up to Tony Grove.  Navigating around a bunch of cows along the way.  I'm not exactly sure where they hiked to, but they started from Tony Grove and hiked 4.5 miles to a lake.  When they got up there set up their beds; Louis and Jason had hammocks to sleep in, their friend Jeremy had a tent, and their other friends Nate and Dustin weren't staying the night because they had things to be at in the morning.  After their things were set up they had dinner and s'mores.  


Louis slept pretty well in the hammock, but did end up waking up a little after 6 in the morning.  That morning they had breakfast, Jeremy went fishing, and then they headed back down!  
They had another hike planned before heading back, but decided against it.  


Louis came back home happy, dirty, and sore.  I'm glad he was able to get away for a night and do something he enjoys!  

No comments: