Our Easter celebrations started the week before Easter when we got together with the Brandley's at Pug Park for an Easter egg hunt. The girls both had lots of fun! Avery had fun running around and playing with the kids and Mary had fun climbing the trees! I wish I had a picture of it!
The day before Easter we headed down to Ogden early in the morning to be at Louis' parent's house in time for the morning session of conference. It was a wonderful session and I was actually able to listen to some of the talks even with the girls running around. After the session was over we hurried out the door to meet up with Ben, Sarina, and Lizzie at Ogden Regional to meet the Easter Bunny and go on an Easter egg hunt. Avery and Mary both did okay with the Easter Bunny. They didn't want to give him a high five, but they didn't cry or run away either! Better than last year. The hunt was fast and both the girls did really well and had fun.
After they had looked through their baskets and eaten some chocolate I made some pancakes. I attempted to make bunny shaped pancakes, Avery and Mary were satisfied so I was too! Even though Mary shouted out Mickey Mouse when I put her pancake in front of her.
After the first session of conference we had a lesson on Christ; His last days, His crucifixion, and His resurrection. Nothing in my life has brought me as much joy as teaching my children about the Gospel and seeing them gain their own testimonies of Christ, our Heavenly Father, and His plan.
"He is not here: for He is risen." -Matthew 28:6
"Today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced,
every sorrow we have ever known." -Jeffrey R. Holland



No comments:
Post a Comment