Pages

9.07.2014

Ogden Temple Open House

Louis and I got married in the Ogden LDS Temple in August of 2009.  


In April 2011 the temple closed to be remodeled.  


Finally in August of 2014 the temple was finished and we were able to go to the open house!


I was so excited to be able to go into my temple again!  I spent many mornings in high school at the Ogden temple doing baptisms for the dead, I received my endowments at this temple, and Louis and I were sealed for time and all eternity in this temple.  I was sad at first about the temple being changed, but after walking on the temple grounds and being able to walk through it, all that went away.  This temple is a house of the Lord.  It is a sacred and holy place.  
Avery had been looking forward to going to the temple for months.  It is the temple she says she wants to get married in.  After she finds a boy and gets a white dress and some flowers of course.  I hope that she will be able to remember going to this open house.  Especially if she really does get married there one day.





I told Avery there would be a statue of Jesus at the open house.  She wanted to draw a picture for Him.  I told her she could of course draw a picture and I figured we could give it to a missionary there.
The missionaries loved it and said they would go put it up in the mission president's office.


I am very thankful for temples and the peace that is felt there.  Even without this temple being dedicated there is a special spirit there.  I am grateful to have so many temples close by to us.




No comments: