Pages

9.09.2014

East Coast Part 2

Saturday when we arrived at Charissa and Don's we really just dropped off our stuff then we got in the car to head to the church for Chase's baptism.  
It was very exciting to be able to go to the baptism, especially since Louis would be meeting some of my family that he had never met!  The baptism was wonderful and full of the spirit.  After the baptism and confirmation was over they had dinner.  The gym was decorated for a Minecraft party.  If you don't know what Minecraft is, don't worry neither do I.  The decorations were fun though!  I am wishing now that I had taken a picture.  The only picture we came away with from the night was this one.  


On Sunday we went to church then came home and had a relaxing afternoon at Charissa's.  After dinner Charissa and I went on walk, it started sprinkling a little bit which made it so it didn't get too hot.  We ended the night by having some very yummy peach crisp.  
Monday was Labor day so the kids didn't have school.  We started the day out by having scones and bacon for breakfast.  After breakfast Charissa, Emma, Leah, and I went to have our nails done. 


After that we went shopping.  I got a very comfortable cardigan that I've already worn several times and a cute sweater.  I also got a new Sandra Boynton book (she's our favorite) for the girls.  Happy Hippo, Angry Duck.  It is one of our new favorites now, Avery has even slept with it every night since we got home.  
For dinner that night Charissa and Don had invited the missionaries and a new couple from their ward to join us.  They were all very nice to talk to.  

On Tuesday Don took us to get our rental car so we could drive down to Sarah and Jared's.  On the way to the Moran's we planned on stopping at the Washington D.C. temple.  It was wonderful and the first time going there for both of us.  



After the temple we headed back out.  We stopped at the church next to the temple to connect to their WiFi so I could get the directions we needed put onto my phone.  Then we headed out.  Things were going well we hadn't come across too much traffic and then we missed our exit!  Having Google Maps on your phone is a wonderful thing.  The only problem is that if you go the wrong way and it needs to re-route you, it can't do that unless you have a data connection.  We did not.  We were lost!  
We probably got set back about 45 minutes because of our missed exit.  We tried to find a McDonald's or somewhere to stop at that would have free WiFi, but the problem was there are so many stinkin' trees on the side of the freeway and you can't see a dang thing!  Sure it's pretty, but it got really annoying after a while.  On the bright side, because of our detour we were able to see the Washington Monument, the Capital, the Jefferson Memorial, and the Pentagon from the freeway.  
We got off an exit and found a hotel.  We were hoping they would let us use their WiFi, but instead they very kindly printed off directions for us.  We were on our way again!  
We got to the Moran's a little after dinner time.  We visited and helped them put away many of their things that had arrived at their new house that day.  In the evening after their kids were in bed we taught Sarah and Jared a new card game.  
The next morning we went to a Farmer's Market and walked around.  It wasn't as big as it usually is since it was a Wednesday, but it was fun walking through the different shops.  We found a globe for our sister-in-law, and Sarah and Jared found some chairs for their home.  
We then returned home because Sarah and Jared were expecting the rest of their belongings to be delivered soon.  We spent the rest of the day helping put things away and later that night we headed out to Baltimore to stay at a hotel.  
We had originally planned on leaving from the Moran's the next morning to go to the airport, but with us getting lost on the way there I was nervous we wouldn't get to the airport on time.  I also wasn't sure what to expect traffic wise driving by so close to D.C.  I think we made the right choice in getting a hotel.  We were able to sleep in until 6:30 instead of 5:00.  
We returned our rental car that night and the hotel shuttle picked us up from the airport and took us back to the hotel.  The next morning it took us back to the airport and we were on our way home!  I did not miss our kids while we were gone.  That may sound mean, but I think it was a blessing.  I knew they were in good hands back at home.  I was able to enjoy our trip much more than if I had been missing them the whole time.  
When we got back to our kids it was wonderful!  Avery ran right past Louis and into my arms!  She then proceeded to talk non stop (as usual) about all sorts of things.  Then I went to wake up Mary.  I took her out of bed and she sleepily looked at me and said, "whoa!"  We headed home and were so happy to be together as a family again.  

1 comment:

Sarah Moran said...

We love Sandra Boynton as well! Our favorite has been Red Hat, Green Hat.