Pages

3.25.2014

Idaho Falls Time Out for Women

Last weekend Alisha and I drove up to Idaho Falls to attend Time Out for Women with Amy.  I had wanted to go since my sister Charissa went and had a very good experience.  If you don't know what TOFW is I'll try to explain it.  You go for a two day conference that is filled with different speakers, musical performers, and the spirit.  It was very uplifting and a nice break from the regular routine.  I gathered a lot from the two days and I'm going to share a few of my favorites.
#1:  Everything said and sung by Mercy River.
#2:  The Lord calls you to serve others.  It may not be convenient.  Serve willingly not out of obligation.    Help smooth the road for others.
#3:  Love for love's sake
#4:  What you do in your circle of influence will have a profound impact.
#5:  Fill your "lamp" (heart) with truth.  Receive that truth and take it into your hearts.  There is no greater truth than knowing I am a daughter of God who loves me.
#6:  Instead of thinking compliments, actually say them.  Even if it's a stranger.   (I've been trying to implement this)  You can turn a heart with the words you say.
#7:  Heavenly Father gave your kids to you because YOU are who they need.  They need your gifts.
#8:  You can hope for other things while you wait for your miracles.  There's a lot of pain in waiting, but Heavenly Father gives us hope through it.
#9:  This one is from Merrilee Boyack, my favorite speaker from the weekend.

  • Embrace our kids uniqueness.  What makes them special?
  • Explore new gifts and talents as well as develop existing ones.  Help our children with this.
  • Encourage our children's growth and celebrate their journey.  Feed them living water day after day and they will thrive.
#10:  Mercy, is not getting what you deserve.  Grace, is getting what you don't deserve.
#11:  See yourself as your children see you.  Beautiful.  Compliment yourself in front of them.  Teach them that they are beautiful to our Heavenly Father and that's what matters.  It made me think of Veggietales:  A Snoodle's Tale.
#12:  Find your sass!  
S-Search
A-Act
S-Savor
S-Share
Search for God, build a relationship with Him of trust and love.  Act on His atonement.  It's not only for when you do something wrong, but when you've been wronged too.  It's for comfort.  The atonement is a gift and we should use it.  Savor your relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  Savor your blessings from them.  Share His gifts.  We all have unique gifts.  Share them.
#13:  When you make a mistake you start over and do better.  

I took a small notebook with me and filled 12 pages with notes.  So this is just a snippet of the notes I took.  I plan on reading through them several times so I can remember those things I want to implement into my life and be better at.  
It was a really good weekend and I had a good time with Alisha and Amy.  I hope to be able to go again. 




Of course right when we arrived in Idaho Falls I was already missing Louis and the girls.  I am a homebody and really just prefer being at home surrounded by my family.  I did have a great time, but was very happy to come home Saturday night!  My family was happy to see me too.



1 comment:

Sarah Moran said...

It sounds as if you had a great time! I never went to TOFW when we actually lived somewhere where we could; maybe I'll have to look for a session on the east coast - or even better come out west and go to one with you!