Pages

12.02.2013

Date Night

Louis took Avery on her very first birthday date last week.  We plan on doing this with our kids starting at age three.  Louis gets to take the girls on dates every birthday and if we have boys I'll get to take them on dates!  I think that three is the perfect age to start this, Avery was so excited to go on a date with her daddy!  We told her about it before her birthday because Louis was planning on taking her out on her actual birthday.  He ended up having to work the entire weekend so they didn't get to go until the next week.  After Avery's birthday Avery said to me, "Oh no!  We forgot my date!"  I told her she would get to go the next week.  She replied by saying, "Okay, and I'll wear my date pants and my date shirt!"  Okay Avery!  Her date shirt ended up being just a plain black shirt and her date pants were jeans.
Louis let Avery pick what they were going to do on their date.  She decided on bowling and basketball.  Avery loves bowling!  She's been three times now and has loved every single time!  After their bowling and basketball they went to dinner at Chick-Fil-A.  Avery came home so happy from her date!  I think it is going to be a great tradition!

Avery all ready for her date

Louis and Avery heading out

1 comment:

The Thorne Family said...

What a great tradition. I'll have to remember that one.