Pages

8.27.2013

4 Years

We had such a good trip for our 4 year anniversary last weekend!  I figured it was about time I blog about it!

We went to Idaho Falls.  They have one of my favorite temples and I always have a wonderful time anytime I visit.  We headed up Friday afternoon and came home Sunday night.  Avery and Mary stayed with their Papa and Nana and had a wonderful time.
When we got to our hotel I told them I wanted to be able to see the temple from our room.  They gave us our room and we headed up.  This was our view:

See that tree right there in the middle?  The temple is right behind it.  So we had a BEAUTIFUL view of everything. . .except the temple.  Louis went downstairs and they very nicely changed our room!  

This view was much better!  I was happy!  We had a little balcony off of our room that we loved to go out on to look at the view.  There were always people walking on the trail around the river.  I liked that.
I spent a lot of time on the balcony, or just staring out the window at the temple.  It really is a beautiful place.


That night we met up with Tyler and Amy for dinner.  We were going to go to a Japanese place that they like, but it was closed for reconstruction!  So we went to Outback Steakhouse which neither Louis or I had every been to.  It was tasty and a fun place.  
After dinner we took a little walk across the street.  It was getting dark so we didn't go all the way around, but it was still nice!



Then we went to Walmart to get swimsuits because we didn't bring our own and decided we wanted to sit in the hot tub.  We were surprised to find that they had already taken the swimsuits out of their store!
Saturday morning we woke up at 7.  Super early for a vacation!  Louis and I waned to see who could run a faster mile.  I won.  By 32 seconds, but that's still a win!  After our "race" we went in to have breakfast at the hotel.  Then we checked out some bikes and biked around the river.  Biking was one of my favorite parts of the weekend.


After our bike ride we got into church clothes to go to do sealings at the temple.  We decided to walk and stop by the Gardner's Market on the way.  It was about there when I said to Louis, "This is so nice to be able to just do whatever we want and not have to worry about getting back for naps or anything!"  
Sealings were great!  I really like doing sealings.  The sealer talks to you and I always leave having learned something.  At the beginning of the sealing session the sealer said was telling us what a special day this was for the people we would be doing this ordinance for.  I think he said it was Brigham Young who said this, but he said that these people are allowed to be there for their sealing.  I thought that was nice.  

This water is from the sprinklers outside the church by the temple!

We then walked over to Smitty's for lunch!  Louis' whole family seems to rave about this place and Louis has never been there.  He was excited to try it, but we left quite disappointed.  Louis ordered a Belgium waffle with fresh huckleberries.  The huckleberries cost extra.  They brought out what looked like an oversized eggo waffle with about 10 huckleberries!  In the picture below you can see the disappointment in his face.  I got pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon.  It was pretty good, but not great.  The service also was not very good.  :(  We got a giant cinnamon roll to go and that was good, so it made up for it a little.

So disappointed


We then went back to our room and I took a nap!  It was great!  And also funny because I had mentioned earlier in the day about how it was nice about not needing to worry about getting back for naps.  After I woke up from my nap we drove to an archery shop that Louis' friend had told him about.  We just walked around for a bit then headed back to our room to get ready for dinner.  We went to Olive Garden because it's delicious and we had a coupon!  They were very busy and so the service wasn't very good.  They forgot to bring out our appetizer and Louis' soup.  We reminded them and then they brought out our appetizer and Louis' soup and our entrees all at once.  We had a lot of food.  We had a fun time together reminiscing about our last four years.  

On Sunday we got up and went to Tyler and Amy's for breakfast then went to their church then back to their house for lunch and a game!  They were so nice and helpful to us the whole weekend.  We headed home around 5:30.  We were very happy to see our kids!  I missed them from the moment they left to go down to Ogden!  
Even though I missed our kids I loved being away with Louis!  It was our very first trip just the two of us.  It was a perfect weekend with my love!  

2 comments:

Hardings said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am super jealous! Anniversary vacations are the best!

Sarah Moran said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds as if you had a great weekend away.