Pages

8.09.2013

Dinosaur Week

Last week for preschool was dinosaur week.  We had a really fun time with it!  

On Monday we went to the library and got some books and movies to fit our theme.
That's what we do every Monday for preschool.
On Tuesdays Isaac and Alisha come over to join us for preschool.  This week I set up different stations for us to go through.
Our first station was dinosaur nests!  Before Isaac came over Avery and I went around the yard gathering leaves, sticks, and pine needles to line our nests with.  We talked about dinosaurs and how they make their nests out of mud and then line them to cushion the eggs.  Our dinosaur eggs were actually rocks.



After our nests we came back inside to read books and color.  Then we got to play with dinosaurs and learn their names!


RAWR!

After this Isaac and Alisha headed home with some delicious dinosaur themed treats!


On Wednesday we watched the movies we had checked out from the library 
and Avery looked through the dinosaur books again.

Thursday we made some dinosaurs.  I had paper feet and heads and I made a play dough body and then Avery decorated them.


Friday we were going to find fossils.  I had put the fossils I made into the oven.  You're supposed to do it at 200○ for 2 hours.  Louis didn't know I had put anything in the oven and turned it to broil to make some hamburgers.  I looked over a few minutes later and there was smoke coming out of the oven!  Luckily nothing more than smoke.  Needless to say, the fossils didn't turn out.  So we just took a break on Friday!

It was a fun week!  Avery has fun playing with her dinosaurs!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously you are the best mom ever! I can't wait to do similar activities with my babes! :)

Unknown said...

You are so dang creative! I'm trying to get Kale started with preschool type stuff and I am at a complete loss for how to set it up and what to teach him (or HOW to teach him.)