Pages

5.23.2013

2 1/2?

Avery is 2 1/2!  She has grown so much in the last six months!  

Her speech has improved so much in the last six months!!  I love it!  There is never a quiet moment.
She's also starting to learn Spanish!  
A funny story about that.  She wanted to get up on our bar stool and I told her not right now but she kept saying "Up, up, up, up!"  Once she realized that wasn't working she started saying, "Arriba, arriba!"  I just looked at her and said, "Did you just speak Spanish to me??"  After that I had to let her up!  I mean she wanted to get up on those bar stools so bad that she resorted to a different language!  She knows how to say up, down, open, close, please, hello, and goodbye in Spanish.  As well as a few colors and numbers. 
She's been watching too much Dora the Explorer.
Avery is still so very smart!  At 2 1/2 she now knows all of the sounds the ABC's say, she can count to 20 and can identify the numbers 1-10.  She knows a lot of shapes, square, circle, rectangle, oval, star, heart, arrow, and triangle.  She knows all of her colors.  Now that I think about it, she's known all of her colors since before she was 2.  She has a great memory!  She can watch something once and she'll remembers what happens if we watch it again the next day.  I think this is why she's always had an easy time learning new things.
Her favorite things to do are play outside, build with blocks, jump, and be crazy.  She really is so crazy!  She is so energetic and is always going!  Her favorite thing to do outside is to go on walks in the stroller.  We have wooden blocks and we have mega blocks, her favorite of the two are mega blocks because they don't knock over as easily.  She is very specific in the way she builds with blocks. She uses certain colors in certain spots.  She is so much like her mom.  She's the same way about doing puzzles, taking the pieces out and putting them back in a certain order.  
She is still a GREAT big sister to Mary!  They are so cute together and I have loved watching their relationship grow!  Now that Mary is crawling she will follow Avery around.  Avery loves to tickle Mary and make her laugh!  When I was pregnant with Mary, Avery got extremely clingy to me.  She wanted me and only me!  It was so hard and I was so worried that having another child would be so hard.  It has not been though, there were a few hard times at first, but overall it has been wonderful!  I have been very blessed with sweet loving children!
We have started potty training this last week and so far it has been going well.  Each day gets better, today she has even been telling me that she has to go potty!  She is still a little uncomfortable about sitting on the potty, but I'm hoping she will get over that soon.  I'm so proud of her at how quickly she has caught on.  I still think we have a while to go, but she's coming along well!  I am loving not having to change two little kiddos diapers!
We love our sweet, fun, smart, energetic, adorable Avery!  She is such a joy to have in our home and I am so grateful that I get to stay home with her.  Even when I have hard days, I wouldn't trade it for anything!  I've loved watching her grow and can't believe sometimes how big she is getting.  
Before we know it she will be 3!



1 comment:

Hardings said...

She is growing up and becoming such a beautiful little girl! I love it!